Correct folder date/time...

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mikedepetris

Correct folder date/time...

Post by *mikedepetris »

I am using MultiCommander each time I have to fix the directories timestamps to set them to the most recent datetime, excluding *.db .svn/*.*

Can this be achieved with TC or a Plugin?
vdijken

Post by *vdijken »

This makes no sense; why do you want to do this. Programs give files and directories the time stamp when they are touched for the last time.
And you want to reverse that to the last time stamp of an arbitrary file?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

It's normal NTFS behavior to update the timestamp of a directory when anything inside it changes, including deleting a file, changing a file and adding a file.

TC can set timestamps of files and directories, of course (see Menu Files > Change Attributes). It can also be read from the file under the cursor, so it might make things easier. However, since this is a very special case, if you want to automate, you would have to write some script, maybe utilizing a console tool that can set directory timestamps.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

I get used for years to SetFolderDate which perfectly works with TC. See this thread for details.
#5767 Personal license
mikedepetris

Post by *mikedepetris »

sqa_wizard wrote:I get used for years to SetFolderDate which perfectly works with TC. See this thread for details.
Thank you very much