Enable Alt-W for the synchronize dialog

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Don Pedro

Enable Alt-W for the synchronize dialog

Post by *Don Pedro »

I regularly use the synchronize function to find the differences of two directories. But sometimes instead of synchronizing I'd like to do something else with e. g. the unequal files, let's say check them out from a source control system. Here it would be nice if I could use some key combination to dump all found unequal files into one window like you could do in the search result dialog via Alt-W. Currently this seems not to be possible, or am I missing something?

Cheerz

Don
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

a little forum search reveals
> viewtopic.php?t=47100&highlight=synchronise+synchronize+copy

That?

EDIT:
Ahh, that was no question, as this is "TC suggestions (English)" sub forum?
I missed that.

Don Pedro

Post by *Don Pedro »

Stefan2 wrote:a little forum search reveals
> viewtopic.php?t=47100&highlight=synchronise+synchronize+copy

That?

EDIT:
Ahh, that was no question, as this is "TC suggestions (English)" sub forum?
I missed that.
Well, not quite! This guy want's just to copy the filenames somewhere. I already know that I can mark some or all files in the sync windows, do a Ctrl-C and paste it in an editor. What I'd like to do is something differerent:
If you do some file search (by name and maybe by content) you get a result list. If you press Alt-W in this windows it will put the list of found files in one of the panes of TC. Now it's easy to e. g. press * to mark all files an F8 to delete them. I would like to have something similar in the sync window. Compare the files in two directories will yield a list with equal and unequal files, as well as files present in on directory only. And you can show/hide them with the buttons on top. Now it would be fine to e. g. display just the different files, press some magic key that dumps this list in one of TC's panes and then do something with it.

The concrete usage is the following:
We use MS' TFS for source control. This needs to "check out" files you would like to change, do the change and then "check in" again. So, when updating some external library you'd like to check out all files that have changed. To find this out is easy with TC, but so far I fail to get the list in a pane where I could simply press * and F10 and chose "Check out" from the Explorer context menu. So I'd suggest to introduce a capability similar to Alt-W of the search dialog in the synchronize Window: Dump the found listed files in one of TC's panes.

Cheerz

Don