Lister: 1-5 keys switch into TC and open Quick Search

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Lister: 1-5 keys switch into TC and open Quick Search

Post by *Flint »

This bug is a bit unstable, I got it numerous times in different scenarios but was unable to get a reproducable case. Finally I've got one. This is not a bug of a particular plugin, because 1) it happens with some other plugins too, 2) this plugin did not have these problems earlier (I think it started with 9.20 early beta versions, but not 100% sure).

0. Download the archive TotalDrip 1.04 (will be used as a test file).
1. Get a clean TC instance with empty INI file and install the HTMLView plugin version 1.2.6.
2. Set Quick search option to Alt+letters.
3. Navigate to the location of the downloaded totaldrip104.apk file and press Enter to open is as archive.
4. Put the cursor on the AndroidManifest.xml file and press F3. Lister with HTMLView will be displayed, with an error text inside about the invalid XML. This is normal, ignore this error.
5. In the opened Lister window press 5 to switch to TC's built-in HTML view, then press 4 to switch to plugin view.
6. Focus suddenly switches into TC, and quick search is opened.
(If you additionally set QuickSearchAllowNoMatch=1, the number 4 will be typed into that QS.)

On the step 5, the second key can be almost any other key (I tried many different alphanumeric keys, and they all did the same), but I wanted to keep the steps simple.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks, I managed to reproduce it, but only in TC 64-bit! Do you get it in TC 32-bit too?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Sorry, I planned to check the 32-bit too but completely forgot. No, it happens only in 64-bit for me.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Seems to be fixed in 9.20rc2.