[Request] MediaTransferProtocol (MTP, PlaysForSure) fplugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This would indeed be possible (via custom columns), but probably too slow without adding some kind of caching...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

How do I find out if this supports my cellphone? I have the Motorola RAZR2 v9x.
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It will work if you can see your phone with Windows Media Player 9 or newer. You may need to install a newer WMP version to use the plugin.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

When I hooked the phone up via USB it said "New hardware found. MTP device". It looks like it should work.

EDIT: Yep! She's a workin'! Thank you, sir, for the great plugin. ;)

User of Total Commander
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

I am running into a problem. It seems WMP is only syncing the first mp3. It converts it to wma but it doesn't go past the first file. Am I missing something somewhere?

User of Total Commander
HAL 9000

Post by *HAL 9000 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:This would indeed be possible (via custom columns), but probably too slow without adding some kind of caching...
Seems currently it's not possible (no custom columns for this plugin) but it would be really nice since wmp ratings (for one star tracks) buggy for my zen and mediamonkey launch & scans takes time.
drzonca

Post by *drzonca »

Thank you for the great plugin (and of course wonderful Total Commander itself!). I use this plugin to transfer images from Fujifilm Finepix J50 camera on the old machine with windows 98. It works like a charm! Unfortunately many Fuji cameras do not use mass storage protocol, but only PTP/MTP one. For a couple of days I have been looking for any solution to use it on win98 under Total Commander. It seems that many (every?) digital cameras from different brands with MTP support can be used in that way. Firstly I have to install MTP9x-2k.exe from Microsoft Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit. Then I edited wpdmtp_sample.inf and put VID and PID of my camera in line: %Test.DeviceDesc% = Test_MTP, USB\VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx
In case of Finepix J50 it should be VID_04CB&PID_01DF.

Thank you once again! It's a pity that such a useful plugin is not present at plugins subpage of TotalCommander main site. MediaAudio name is a bit confusing as well - I have almost overlooked it. :wink:
liumi

Post by *liumi »

I beg for x64 version please!
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

2liumi
Have you tried Windows Media Audio v2?
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
gezgin

Post by *gezgin »

ghisler(Author) wrote:A new beta of the Windows Media Device plugin is available at the usual URLs:

Windows Media Device plugin 0.76 beta
The sources
Any chance of a 64-bit version of this plugin?
--
Bob
gezgin

Post by *gezgin »

gezgin wrote:Any chance of a 64-bit version of this plugin?
--
Bob
Scratch that. I used the Device Manager > Properties > USB Storage trick and now I can access the device with ToCo.

ToCo never fails to come through!
--
Bob
gezgin35689

Post by *gezgin35689 »

I used the Device Manager > Properties > USB Storage trick and now I can access the device with ToCo.
Could someone remind me what the "USB Storage trick" is please? I don't remember how to do this under Windows 10. I'm trying to connect a Samsung mobile phone with a USB cable and I want to access the phone's folders with Total Commander.

--
Bob
iana

Post by *iana »

Could someone remind me what the "USB Storage trick" is please? I don't remember how to do this under Windows 10. I'm trying to connect a Samsung mobile phone with a USB cable and I want to access the phone's folders with Total Commander.

--
Bob
afaik you don't need this plugin for android devices TC shows the content of connected android devices, when you connect an android with a usb on the phone there is an option to connect it as USB, as MTP or PTP, MTP or media device should be preferred as USB locks your device storage while it's connected tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10