Dir date not always set upon Alt-F9

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Dir date not always set upon Alt-F9

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,
Windows 10 v1803 x64, TC 9.20 x64.
I have a ZIP file (which due to private contents I unfortunately cannot share) with contents like this:
file.zip\testdir\testfile.txt

If I enter the archive, place the cursor upon testdir, F5, Enter, testdir gets extracted with its date set correctly.

However:
If I enter the archive, place the cursor upon testdir, Alt-F9, Enter, testdir gets extracted but the date is incorrectly set to current date.
Also, if I place the cursor on file.zip, do not enter the archive, Alt-F9, Enter, testdir gets extracted the date is incorrectly set to current date.

Perhaps it is somehow related to Panel not refreshed when zipped file deleted but I don't really know of a way to check that.
Also, I was not able to reproduce this with an archive created by TC, whereas I can reliably reproduce it with the archive I got.

Can perhaps anyone else reproduce with some other archive?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

It depends on whether the path names are packed separately or not, inside the zip file.

Try these test archives: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/testdirs.zip

Unpack the two archives testdir.zip and testdir2.zip - look inside them - they look as they have exactly the same content - even running the Sync tool will show the same content. Notice that the two archives has different sizes.

If you press Alt+F9 on testdir.zip, the testdir directory will be unpacked with the correct date (01-01-2017). But ii you press Alt+F9 on testdir2.zip, the testdir directory will get the current time and date, because the directory name "testdir" is not stored separately inside testdir2.zip.

It has been mentioned in the forum before - I just cannot find it again.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar