Any way to specify target of cm_RenMov?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jdmarch

Any way to specify target of cm_RenMov?

Post by *jdmarch »

Is there any way to define a start menu command to move the selected files to a specific dir (not the current target dir)? It does not work to specify it as the parameter or the starting directory of the command.

Thanks.
fnheiden

Post by *fnheiden »

Sorry, I've no idea how to do this with cm_RenMov (I don't think that this is possible at all), but you can use

Code: Select all

cmd.exe /c move %n d:\newdir\
Another possibility is to drag the files on a folder-shortcut on the button-bar.

~ Florian
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

2jdmarch
Create the following button:

Title: Move selected files to c:\Your\Desired\Destination\Dir
Command: cmd /c
Parameters: for /f "delims=" %%f in (%L) do move "%%f" "c:\Your\Desired\Destination\Dir"

Works under NT4 and 2000. Correct the things in red. And you can assign hotkey to this button (use Configuration | Misc to use hotkey other than Ctrl+Alt+Fn).

Alternatively, you can create a shortcut file in "Send To" folder and access it via context menu. To move selected files press Shift+Enter on that menu item.

Alternatively, you create a button on button bar with "cd c:\your\desired\destination\dir" command and drag'n'drop files on it to copy, or Alt+drag'n'drop to move.

2Christian
IMHO, it would be more intuitively clear to use Shift+drag'n'drop to move files, and Alt+drag'n'drop to create new button.
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

Thanks, Valentino and Florian. I created a start menu item using Valentino's button code, works like a charm. :D (I prefer mouse-less solutions).