CLOUDFS plugin copy back to the cloud

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nirmelamoud

CLOUDFS plugin copy back to the cloud

Post by *nirmelamoud »

hi,

in TC cloud plugin, when I open an excel spreadsheet from google cloud for example, I update the excel, and when I close it TC will ask me if I want to copy it back, that's great and make the experience smooth, but there are two minor issues
1. TC does not take the focus for this dialog, so if its hidden behind some other windows, you wont see it, and you might forget that you need to do that until its too late (i.e shut down the laptop, open the document from another computer etc) - I suggest TC will gain focus to this window - maybe need to do it few times, because maybe if you do this, and excel still it back since it really did not exit yet, etc
2. if I have two excel documents open at the time, one from TC and one not related , TC does not notify me to copy the file back until I close the second (last ) excel , this is bad for the same reasons - see item #1 - not sure if its possible, if you can get an event from excel for this situation , I guess its specific to Microsoft office -they way they module processes.

Thanks
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Re: CLOUDFS plugin copy back to the cloud

Post by *HolgerK »

nirmelamoud wrote: 2018-12-07, 15:34 UTC 2. if I have two excel documents open at the time, one from TC and one not related , TC does not notify me to copy the file back until I close the second (last ) excel , this is bad for the same reasons - see item #1 - not sure if its possible, if you can get an event from excel for this situation , I guess its specific to Microsoft office -they way they module processes.
It may be possible if you change Excel behavior from MDI to SDI.
In SDI mode every workbook is opened by a single excel process.
Read more:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_win10-mso_2016/what-are-excel-instances-and-why-is-this-important/20c39a6f-0857-4033-b713-18bf72e91d8b
and:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3165211/how-to-force-excel-to-open-in-a-new-instance-by-default

Background: if excel is in MDI mode, the one and only process is still alive until you close the last workbook.
In this case TC has no chance to detect that the closed document needs to be uploaded again (..it could be saved and not closed).

Theoretical thought (i don't work with cloud documents), so no guarantee that it is working this way, but may be worth to give it a try.

Regards
Holger
Make our planet great again
nirmelamoud

Post by *nirmelamoud »

worked like a charm! thanks
nirmelamoud

Post by *nirmelamoud »

any idea about the "get focus" issue ?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Which dialog doesn't get the focus?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
nirmelamoud

Post by *nirmelamoud »

the dialog that ask me to copy back the excel to the cloud.