How to set the vertical-tab-width ?

German support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, Stefan2

ghisler@soliman.de

How to set the vertical-tab-width ?

Post by *ghisler@soliman.de »

Moin Moin.

Is it, somehow, possible to set the vertical-tab-width.
Using the Commander remotely from a low-resolution-screen (single-hd) is cluttering a large amount of the screen with a large percentage, in my case 70%, with the tabs.
Reducing the font-size does reduce the horizontal-tab-width, but not the vertical one, leaving most of the tab-area empty.
Having had a look at the config-files, I did not find a setting to influence this, so I wanted to place a question, whether there is one.

Tschüß,
Michael.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to set the vertical-tab-width ?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, TC increases the tab header height automatically when the system reports a touch screen. Maybe the remote PC does use a touch screen?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler@soliman.de

Post by *ghisler@soliman.de »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-01-21, 14:30 UTC No, TC increases the tab header height automatically when the system reports a touch screen. Maybe the remote PC does use a touch screen?
Moin Moin.
Is it possible to set it for non-touch-displays (like using the same Commander on a 2,56k Display after having used it on a 4k Display.).
_Tschüß,
__Michael.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, my answer was wrong - the tab height is always controlled by the current Windows theme. Maybe you can change it with some theme tweaker. The field made larger on a touch screen is the current directory field. You can make that larger/smaller yourself via wincmd.ini [Configuration]
pathExtraHeight=numeric value, e.g. -1 to make it one pixel less high
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com