Plugin Update and [ContentPlugins] refresh

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

EvilTwin

Plugin Update and [ContentPlugins] refresh

Post by *EvilTwin »

I recently updated the WDX_EXIF plugin to a newer version by downloading the .ZIP and letting Total Commander install the newer version over the old. No problems there, but I couldn't figure out why the newer version would not work with my .CR2 files even though it claimed it should. Then I realized that the "Content plugin" dialog only listed "EXT="JPG" | EXT="JPEG" | EXT="TIFF" | EXT="CRW" | EXT="THM"" for that plugin even though the plugin binary itself listed "EXT="JPG" | EXT="JPEG" | EXT="TIFF" | EXT="TIF" | EXT="JPE" | EXT="CRW" | EXT="THM" | EXT="CR2" | EXT="DNG" | EXT="NEF"". Once I changed the [ContentPlugins] section in wincmd.ini to what the plugin binary listed, it worked.

Thus, for my future reference, is it up to the user to refresh the [ContentPlugins] section when updating Total Commander content plugins or is this an oversight of the .ZIP installation path of plugins?

Thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Plugin Update and [ContentPlugins] refresh

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This detect string is cached, for 2 reasons:
1. TC can check whether it needs a plugin _before_ loading it. Loading a plugin can take serveral seconds with slow virus scanners.
2. The user may have modified the detect string himself, so it's not a good idea to reset it to what the plugin reports
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
EvilTwin

Re: Plugin Update and [ContentPlugins] refresh

Post by *EvilTwin »

Sounds good, thanks for the confirmation!