Image File X/Y Resolution in Tooltip?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Big J Money

Image File X/Y Resolution in Tooltip?

Post by *Big J Money »

Is it possible to set this up? I have tried to add a custom field to a tooltip and looked through the tc built-in plugins (under User-defined Help texts) but I didn't see a way to accomplish it.

Something that would be nice is also in Ctr-Q preview mode if image files could have their resolution in the info bar at the bottom, but I suppose that is a feature request.

Many thanks.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Image File X/Y Resolution in Tooltip?

Post by *Dalai »

Big J Money wrote: 2019-02-15, 20:13 UTCIs it possible to set this up?
Yes, it is. If you already see tooltips with that information in Explorer, just enable Options > Display > [X] Show filename in file list as tooltip if truncated, [X] Win32-style tips with file comments and [X] Comments from Explorer (OLE2).

Another way is to install a content plugin that provides the fields you're looking for, e.g. ImageInfo, ImgSize or similar. Note that totalcmd.net is currently down, so you either have to wait for it to be up again or look for another download source.

After you have installed the plugin of your choice, go to TC's options, Thumbnails and add the field(s) you want. This only applies to thumbnail view, so no tooltip, just an information field below each image. You can also use content plugins in a custom columns view (see TC's help and the forum for more details on that subject).
Something that would be nice is also in Ctr-Q preview mode if image files could have their resolution in the info bar at the bottom, but I suppose that is a feature request.
Install Imagine lister plugin and you're done.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Image File X/Y Resolution in Tooltip?

Post by *petermad »

Install Imagine lister plugin and you're done.
The newest Imagine plugin is available here: http://www.nyam.pe.kr/dev/imagine/
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar