Req: Flyme multiwindow support

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Req: Flyme multiwindow support

Post by *DrShark »

After update from Flyme 4 to Flyme 6, on Android 5.1 Meizu M2 device it's possible to use Flyme's multi window feature:
screenshot of multi window mode with a picker for an app for second window
In a picker for second half of a window (where second app's window goes), there'e a list of my installed apps with support of Flyme a multi-window feature (also supported by latest Opera Mini 39 which I installed after making above screenshot.)

Because Android 5.1 doesn't have native multi window support, it would be nice to have this Flyme multi-window supported by Total Commander, and if possible, its Media Player and Editor.

BTW, currently TC Editor and TC Media Player widgets aren't present in a list of widgets available on Flyme, maybe this launcher uses modified/different API for widgets?
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Req: Flyme multiwindow support

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have never heared of Flyme - is this limited to Meizu devices, or can it be installed on any device?
Anyway, where can I find info on how to support multi-window with flyme? I already support the regular multi-window in Android and Samsung.
BTW, currently TC Editor and TC Media Player widgets aren't present in a list of widgets available on Flyme, maybe this launcher uses modified/different API for widgets?
They aren't widgets, they are just desktop links. Newer Android versions put links and widgets together and show links as 1x1 widgets.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Req: Flyme multiwindow support

Post by *DrShark »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-04-08, 16:40 UTC I have never heared of Flyme - is this limited to Meizu devices, or can it be installed on any device?
It seems it's only for Meizu, at least officially (this alternative Android GUI is branded as Flyme OS.)
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-04-08, 16:40 UTCAnyway, where can I find info on how to support multi-window with flyme? I already support the regular multi-window in Android and Samsung.
This question has been asked on official flyme forum here, but that thread only have some code sample of split screen support for LG phones. From moderator's answer in another post on that forum it looks like Flyme developers themselves are adding multiwindow support for new apps via firmware updates. I'll try to reach Meizu regarding this question via official flyme support email, hope they'll answer and clarify this.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-04-08, 16:40 UTC
DrShark wrote: 2019-04-07, 15:00 UTCBTW, currently TC Editor and TC Media Player widgets aren't present in a list of widgets available on Flyme, maybe this launcher uses modified/different API for widgets?
They aren't widgets, they are just desktop links. Newer Android versions put links and widgets together and show links as 1x1 widgets.
Well, it seems such links are not supported by some launchers. Last year in emails regarding same issue on Blackberry (there it's not even possible to make activity links on desktop with tasker or QuickShortcutMaker) I wrote for you a request to write and release 3 micro-apps that will do the same as activity links: launch player, editor, or TC itself (last one only needed for BlackBerry because by tap on main TC icon it activates opened TC activity - file manager, editor, or player, - while on Android main TC icon activates file manager.) Such micro apps could be a simple alternative for devices that don't support activity links/shortcuts.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708