Two more questions

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

raytc

Two more questions

Post by *raytc »

1)
Can someone tell me how to hide the toolbar below the drives (the toolbar with the disk size information ..[none] xxx k of xxx k free)?

2)
If I register TC on the regsoft site why to pay VAT to an US company? I can understand that paying VAT is necessary to an product bought from an US company but I do not buy the software from a US company but from a European company. I suppose that the TC price of 28 Euro is VAT included.
Last edited by raytc on 2004-07-08, 14:35 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2raytc
1)
Can someone tell me how to hide the toolbar below the drives (the toolbar with the disk size information ..[none] xxx k of xxx k free)?
In menu click Configuration/Options/Layout and uncheck "Show status bar".
raytc

Post by *raytc »

Lefteous wrote:2raytc
1)
In menu click Configuration/Options/Layout and uncheck "Show status bar".
Is not the Status Bar I mentionned but the one below the Drive Bar
or does these text take part of the drive bar and are wrapped to the next line?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2raytc
s not the Status Bar I mentionned but the one below the Drive Bar
Sorry for missunderstanding your request - I don't think it's possible to remove just the volume label and free space on volume info bar.
Clo

Tax or not tax ?

Post by *Clo »

2raytc
2)
If I register TC on the regsoft site why to pay VAT to an US company? I can understand that paying VAT is necessary to an product bought from an US company but I do not buy the software from a US company but from a European company. I suppose that the TC price of 28 Euro is VAT included.
:) Hello !
¤ V.A.T. exists too in the E.U. countries (with various ratios…). But the Switzerland is not a member of the E.U.
* By the way, the official price is still CHF 40 (Swiss Francs), all included, it seems.
* You may purchase a licence online by credit-card charged in CHF, like it's explained in the Help. You could too send an email to salesATghislerDOTcom to get clearer explanations.
¤ That might need an option which doesn't exist currently…

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
raytc

Post by *raytc »

Lefteous wrote:2raytc
s not the Status Bar I mentionned but the one below the Drive Bar
Sorry for missunderstanding your request - I don't think it's possible to remove just the volume label and free space on volume info bar.
I can't understand very well why TC use a whole bar/space line with not very important information (almost the same as on the status bar but the status bar can be hided).

I would appreciate as well if there could be an option in the configuration menu to disable the confirmation messages copying and moving files.
Clo

It's important

Post by *Clo »

2raytc
:) Hi again !
¤ In my opinion, free and total space of the hard-disks are important infos. Even whether they could be hidden, I would not do.

¤ You can copy and move files without any message using "Drag & Drop" for copy and "Drag & Drop + Shift (or+Alt)" for move, that I use everytime for years.

:mrgreen: K R
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
raytc

Re: It's important

Post by *raytc »

Clo wrote:2raytc
:) Hi again !
¤ In my opinion, free and total space of the hard-disks are important infos. Even whether they could be hidden, I would not do.

¤ You can copy and move files without any message using "Drag & Drop" for copy and "Drag & Drop + Shift (or+Alt)" for move, that I use everytime for years.

:mrgreen: K R
Claude
Clo
Bonjour Claude,

Thank you for your answer. Nice to know that there are no confimation messages using drag & drop.
B.T.W. I suppose that a lot of TC users do not want to have these messages. It would be easy for Christian to add an option to disable these messages in the configuration menu isn't it?

Same for the volume information bar.
If one has a 17 or 19' monitor with a high resolution he will not even read this message but a user (as I'am) with laptop and 1024x768 resolution, optimal screen usability is a must.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

If you hide both 'drive Buttons' and 'drive Combo box' you get rid of this Status line above the windows.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Clo

Cheese and dessert or nothing

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog
If you hide both 'drive Buttons' and 'drive Combo box' you get rid of this Status line above the windows.
:) Hello Stefan !
¤ This is true, but then you must use always a panel with the drives (My Compurer content). And / or browse with the keyboard and the command line. Not handy with a laptop. I guess that raytc'ld wish to keep the drive-buttons, but without the space-infos…

:mrgreen: Friendly,
Claude
Clo
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Cheese and dessert or nothing

Post by *Sheepdog »

Clo wrote: :) Hello Stefan !
¤ This is true, but then you must use always a panel with the drives (My Compurer content). And / or browse with the keyboard and the command line. Not handy with a laptop. I guess that raytc'ld wish to keep the drive-buttons, but without the space-infos…
Maybe you're right but:

1. The question was how to hide this status bar - thats the solution (even if there are disadvantages)

2. Probably its not so bad with a Laptop to navigate with keyboard while you have [alt] +[F1]/[F2]- and regarding the ususal 'touchpad' on Laptops is a stick in th a... - how icfu would say :) ;)

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
raytc

Re: Cheese and dessert or nothing

Post by *raytc »

Clo wrote:2Sheepdog
:) Hello Stefan !

:mrgreen: Friendly,
Claude
Clo
Yes correct. I would like to keep the drive-buttons without the space-infos.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

raytc,
B.T.W. I suppose that a lot of TC users do not want to have these messages.
During all the time I spent on these forums I've seen exactly one before you, IIRC.
Same for the volume information bar.
I remember none...

:)

Roman