Wish-request about status-bar.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Wish-request about status-bar.

Post by *Flint »

I use Brief view of file lists and when I select files I cannot see parameters of the file currently under cursor. I suggest to make an option to show status-bar two-lined: first line contains info about selected files (the same to the status-bar in Full-mode with LongInStatus=0), and the second contains info about the current file (the same to the current status-bar in Brief-mode when no files are selected).
Say, a checkbox which defines if the status-bar looks as it looks now, or it will be two-lined as described above (or something similar). What do you think of it?
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Wish-request about status-bar.

Post by *Sheepdog »

Very good idea.
Support++.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Clo

Possible ???

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog
:) Hello Stefan !

¤ Not sure it's possible with Delphi2˜ …
* But in "Brief Mode", we could have the file-infos into an info-balloon ???

:mrgreen:  V G
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Clo
We can, but this balloon does not show all I need. For example, it does not show attributes, file sizes are not exact (only in Kbytes/Mbytes)...
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Clo

As a workaround---

Post by *Clo »

2Flint
:) Hello !
¤ Right, but I thought to that as a workaround, whether it should be not possible to have a twin status-bar…
- An inconvenience of the balloon is that it's impossible to wrap lines like needed, so all infos are on the same line; the wrapping is random, following the spaces in the text and the available width on the screen.
- That is possible only for info-balloons in HTML (with LF/CR characters)
* Wait and see the Author's opinion ;)
:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Well, we already requested a configurable Status bar some time ago, something like "%numselectedfiles% files selected out of %numtotalfiles% files total"... you get the idea. I don't think Christian has said anything about this... not sure, though.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.