How to coloring files that do have (or not) an buddy file?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Olfert

How to coloring files that do have (or not) an buddy file?

Post by *Olfert »

I take a lot of photos and use both jpg and raw (canon cr2) files. After a photo session I usually go through the files and delete the raw files for photos that I consider are good enough as jpg - and to save some space as the raw files a huge. I then end up with folders of photos with lots of jpg's and some associated raw files. For now there will never be a lonely raw file without an associated jpg.

In my daily workflow I usually work with just the jpg files but in cases where I need to adjust the photo I switch to the raw file (if present). As of this I would like to improve the file list to "highlight" my preferred filetype (or rather fade out the less important files).

My need/wish is to colorize (light grey) all the raw files (cr2) that do have an associated jpg but not the jpg itself. I know of the *.jpg>*.cr2 syntax but that selects all jpg and all associated cr2's. Is this possible?

Here's a mock'up:
Image: https://i.ibb.co/n8hK5W0/tc-color-cr2.jpg
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to coloring files that do have (or not) an buddy file?

Post by *petermad »

I sounds like you simply just want to colorize .cr2 files (since you already made sure that "there will never be a lonely raw file without an associated jpg")

That can be done the following way:
  1. Menu: "Configuration" -> "Options..." -> "Color" -> select the box next to the button "Define colors by file type", and then click the button.
  2. Click the "Add" button in the "Define colors by file type" dialog.
  3. Write *.cr2 in the "Specify file type" field, and click "OK"
  4. Pick the color you want and click "OK"
  5. Click "OK" twice
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Olfert

Re: How to coloring files that do have (or not) an buddy file?

Post by *Olfert »

Dang - did I simply confuse myself? :oops: How did I miss that?
You are right - it's really and simply all .cr2 files that should be colorized.
Sometimes one can't see the wood for all the trees - thanks for clearing that up for me :)