Filter syntax for subfolders

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Mihai-Edward

Filter syntax for subfolders

Post by *Mihai-Edward »

Hello!

Let's say I have a folder named MUSIC, with a lot a subfolders. In this folder MUSIC, want to filter all folders that contain a specific artist (e.g. MICHAEL). So I use Ctrl+F12 and type *MICHAEL*\ to get only folders containing word MICHAEL. All good so far. Now, if i want to access every MICHAEL folder and see what folders and files contains, i cant because of my filter. They look all empty.

My question: Is there a way to apply a filter that's show me all folders and files in subfolders?
Last edited by Mihai-Edward on 2019-05-12, 19:21 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Filter sintax for subfolders

Post by *Dalai »

The simple way is to open the MICHAEL subdirs in the opposite panel by pressing Ctrl+Left-Arrow or Ctrl+Right-Arrow respectively (assuming that there's not filter applied in the opposite panel).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Mihai-Edward

Re: Filter syntax for subfolders

Post by *Mihai-Edward »

Thank you, Dalai! I know about this function but I was wondering if there is a way to do it in the same panel, using a filter syntax.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Another way is to use the quick filter (Ctrl+S) instead of the "permanent" filter via Ctrl+F12. Press Ctrl+S, type *MICHAEL* (or whatever filter term you need), then press ESC once to hide the filter input box and return focus to normal panel. As soon as you enter any directory, the quick filter will reset, i.e. you will see everything in the subdirs. To activate the same quick filter again, press Ctrl+Shift+S.

I don't know of any other way to achieve what you want.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Mihai-Edward

Post by *Mihai-Edward »

Thank you for your tips, Dalai!