FileTime Delta (Content Plugin) disscussion thread

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Not confirmed, tried with TC 8.52 32-bit and TC 9.0 beta 8 32-bit.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
mausebär

Re: FileTime Delta (Content Plugin) disscussion thread

Post by *mausebär »

TC 9.22a
Win10Prof(32)

I tried to install this plugin but get the error messages above. Missing dll? Workaround doesn't help.
What to do?

Thanx
Wolfgang
Der Teufel schläft nie...
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2mausebär
Extract the plugin archive, delete filetime_delta.uwdx and try to install it again via TC's settings dialog. The *.uwdx file doesn't export any functions, thus rendering it useless for TC.

PS: I got a plugin crash in TC 9.22 (x86) when I tried to install this plugin and after that the "usual" DLLs are missing message was shown. TC 8.x didn't show a crash but instead said it's an invalid plugin (which is correct because of the bug mentioned above).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

mausebär wrote: 2019-06-24, 21:42 UTC Workaround doesn't help.
What to do?
Try to use ReDate or another addon/plugin
Or maybe try to set another timezone…
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Dalai wrote: 2019-06-24, 22:56 UTC Extract the plugin archive, delete filetime_delta.uwdx and try to install it again via TC's settings dialog.
Thanks. That helped to get the plugin installed in TC 9.22a 32-bit.
Dalai wrote: 2019-06-24, 22:56 UTC PS: I got a plugin crash in TC 9.22 (x86) when I tried to install this plugin and after that the "usual" DLLs are missing message was shown. TC 8.x didn't show a crash but instead said it's an invalid plugin (which is correct because of the bug mentioned above).
I could see it in the Change Attributes dialog, however it displays the "write time delta" twice and subsequently does not work in changing the file time. Image: https://tbeu.de/forum/filetime_delta.png

I fixed the typo and also repacked the plugin fixing the naming/DLL issue. You can download it from filetime_delta_1.3.zip. This way installation and usage in both TC 9.22a 32-bit and 64-bit worked for me.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
mausebär

Post by *mausebär »

I managed now to install the plugin, however, it doesn't work...

I wanted to change a picture date (in the TC-standardview) according to the readme file to one hour later, but it shows still the same timestamp as before...

What am I doing wrong?
mausebär

Post by *mausebär »

...I think I found it myself...
When I choose "write time delta (german "Änderungszeit", the second entry), the timestamp will be corrected as desired.

There seems to be a "name conflict"...

By now I thougt in the standard window (long) shows the creation time (german: "Erstellzeit"), but obviously it seems to be the write time / change time... (german: "Änderungszeit").

Maybe Mr. Ghisler can give a comment...
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2mausebär
By default, the write time (or change time) of files is shown. This has always been the case, in Windows/Explorer and TC. To see the creation time, you have to create a custom columns view.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
mausebär

Post by *mausebär »

This has always been the case, in Windows/Explorer and TC.
I didn't know that, as in the headline there stands only "Datum" resp. "Date" and I thougt it's the creation time. I never thought about it if it's creation- or change time in Windows-explorer...

Maybe it were a good idea to change the headline in TC from "Date" to "Change Date" resp. "Aend.-Datum" in one of the next versions to clarify which date it is... There is enough place as date and time is shown, at least in these two languages...

So in the Content-Plugin the Change Time should be on the first position and creation time on the second...
To see the creation time, you have to create a custom columns view.
I do not want to see a special time, but the time which is relevant for working with it. So I think I'm going to create my custom view for "Change Date" to get reminded which type of date it is... Btw., is it possible to make a custom view as standard...?

In any case,
thanks a lot for all hints.

Wolfgang
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

mausebär wrote: 2019-07-31, 16:07 UTC Btw., is it possible to make a custom view as standard...?
Yes.

You need the following for this:
1) Custumns Column View -> [=tc.Änderungsdatum.D.M.Y h:m] or [=tc.writedate.D.M.Y h:m]
2) View Mode
3) Auto Switch Mode

1    Custumns Column View
1.1 Titel: Change Date
1.2 [=tc.Änderungsdatum.D.M.Y h:m] or [=tc.writedate.D.M.Y h:m]

2    View Mode
2.1 Titel: Änderungsdatum
2.1 Columns view: Change Date (<-- Name of your saved "Custom columns view")

2.2 <Vorgabe/Default>
2.1 Columns view: Change Date (<-- Name of your saved "Custom columns view")

View Mode and Auto Switch Mode are available since 23.11.16 Release Total Commander 9.0 final (32/64).
View modes can be toggled manually using the Show menu or automatically by custom rules.

View Mode <Vorgabe/Default>:
You should define here what you want to get as a view when this view mode has finished,
especially in the case of a combination with an Auto Switch Mode.

3    Auto Switch Mode
3.1 ☑ Automatically switch view mode on directory change
3.2 Add... Rule: L: With drive letter -> button '>>' e.g. 3 Harddisk/SSD -> File types: 3
3.3 Set this mode: Änderungsdatum (<-- Name of your View Mode and NOT of your "Custom columns view"!)
3.4 Button "Apply", then "OK"
3.5 If you need other options (e.g. USB, network) additionally, then click on the button "More sub-rules" and make your selections.

Important NOTE:
A "View Mode" or a "Custom Colums view" will be preserved as a rule until it is changed to another view
a) manually, e.g. with a self-defined button - e.g. cm_SrcViewModeList NameOfYourViewMode, cm_SrcCustomViewX (X=No. of your "Customs columns view")
b) automatically, in the case of a view mode, if a combination with an "Auto Switch Mode"-rule exists AND
    "Automatically switch view mode on directory change:" is checked

More Infos:

Code: Select all

https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53559	Overview:  View Mode     | Auto Switch Mode    | Custom columns view
https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53558  	Übersicht: Ansichtsmodus | Auto Modus wechseln | benutzerdef. Spalten

EDIT: Links under "More Infos" adapted.
Last edited by tuska on 2019-08-08, 08:37 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
mausebär

Post by *mausebär »

Thanks a lot for your explanation!!!
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

mausebär wrote: 2019-07-30, 17:21 UTC ...I think I found it myself...
When I choose "write time delta (german "Änderungszeit", the second entry), the timestamp will be corrected as desired.

There seems to be a "name conflict"...
Did you read my post about it?
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
argh0815

Post by *argh0815 »

Have recently installed the plugin and it works very well for me. One small issue is that it doesn't support changing directory timestamps, only files. I guess the plugin is not maintained anymore after more than 10 years ... Any chance anyone has the source code? I'm happy to modify it myself.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2argh0815

Hi,
In the meantime you could use the AddTime Addon 1.1.1.2 which allows you to change timestamps for directories.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

In the meantime you could use the AddTime Addon 1.1.1.2 which allows you to change timestamps for directories.
AddTime can not change the date of folders only of the files inside the folders.

Try SetFolderDate instead: https://totalcmd.net/plugring/SetFolderDate.html
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar