Copy/FTP/Network speed of TC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ddofborg

Post by *ddofborg »

I'm sure I'm not the only person who has some problems with the speed of TC. I'm not talking about the GUI, but the speed of TC when copying files, uploading files, etc.

If I connect to my local server FTP to upload a file, I get almost 9.5 MB/s with SmartFTP but only 6 MB/s with TC. The same happens when copying files between two harddrives. I get much lower speeds with TC than with CopyHandler for example.

One of the problems could be the programming language, I think. TC is programmed in Delphi and other two tool I was talking about where programmed in C++. If the language is the problem, maybe it's possible to make a plugin (native plugin like UNRAR-thing) to do things like FTP upload/download and copying? Maybe something else is the problem, like buffersizes or something else.

What do you think?
Free fast image hosting: http://picserver.org/
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

The language shouldn't be the problem, as probably all of the progs you mentioned use the Windows API (at least TC does).

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
nilsandrey

Post by *nilsandrey »

Hi, just an idea for a workaround or answer:

In my work at university, I've used tools as FlashGet to FTP downloading, and TC to upload. The connection it's not so good, then I must configure FlashGet to restrict the speed to don't affect my neighbors on the same LAN, if I don't then my LAN's speed suffers a lot. With TC I don't need to do it. I upload with no speed limit; when someone try to browse anything on the web, then I can see how the speed decreseases on TC upload window. :idea: In my case, I like the behavior, because it's usefull to me not to be so agressive with the bandwidth in use and at the same time taking advantage of the unused bandwidth.
Maybe the situation is rellated to a priority stuff....in the process, in the uploading threads...just guessing. :?: