Google confirmation for Cloud Plugin

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

FVG

Google confirmation for Cloud Plugin

Post by *FVG »

Every time I login to my Google Drive using the Cloud Plugin, Google send me a mail to my mailbox and a message to my Android phone. Every time I have to confirm it was me who had access to the Google Drive. If I login for example 10 time during the day, I receive those messages also 10 times!

This is the message (free translated from Dutch)
Cloud Plugin for Total Commander now has access to your Google account. If you have not given access, check your account activity.

Is there a way to avoid this?
Thanks
Wilhelm M.
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Google confirmation for Cloud Plugin

Post by *Wilhelm M. »

I get a similar message every time I log in at my Google account. The only exception is my smartphone that is connected to the Google account. But my desktop computers at home and in the office are of course not connected, so I get this annoying message every time. This is Google's idea of a security measure. I simply ignore the message. I don't have anything to confirm. Google wants you to to check your account for any illegal actions. If you don't find anything strange you don't have to do anything. Except deleting the stupid mail... :wink:
Grüße/Regards,
Wilhelm
FVG

Post by *FVG »

Thanks, maybe i can create a filter in Gmail to delete the message automatically.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please press Alt+Enter on the connection name in the cloud plugin. Then check the option to save the credentials. You have to set a master password to store the credentials securely. This will not store your password, just the access token (a long string of data) which grants the plugin access to your cloud storage. This way you will not have to log in each time you access your Google Drive.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
kuzdy.kalman

Post by *kuzdy.kalman »

Please help!

I followed your instrucions...

("Please press Alt+Enter on the connection name in the cloud plugin. Then check the option to save the credentials. You have to set a master password to store the credentials securely. This will not store your password, just the access token (a long string of data) which grants the plugin access to your cloud storage. This way you will not have to log in each time you access your Google Drive.")

... but still asks for my password for Google Drive. It slows me down and it "takes ages" for me to do it every time, when I intend to access my files in Google Drive.

What can be the problem and is there a solution?

Many thanks:
Kalman
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Once the application code validated, you should check the security level defined on your google account.

If you enabled some double check or anything "secure" you will get additional email or sms to verify that is You this is a google "feature".