CatalogMaker 4.0.0

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

piligrim_pk

CatalogMaker 4.0.0

Post by *piligrim_pk »

Hello Christian!

Since I could not reach you by email from my gmail.com and mail.ru accounts (I sent email to plugins@ghisler.com), I am writing here.

I have updated my plugin CatalogMaker and introduced unicode characters support.
Could you please update my plugin on your site. Please find below information about the new version.

This is [ ] a new plugin, [X] an update
Plugin type: [X]Packer, [ ]File system, [ ]Lister
Plugin name: CatalogMaker
Plugin version: 4.0.0
Plugin description (< 255 chars): Create catalogs (lists) of the selected files/directories, with user-defined list format.
Author's name or alias (as it should appear on my addons page): Konstantin Polyakov
May I add the plugin to my own download server ghisler.fileburst.com? [X]yes [ ]no
Private URL(s) (where I can get it): https://github.com/tiglat/catalog_maker/tree/master/product
May I add a link to your homepage? [X]yes [ ]no
If yes, URL: https://github.com/tiglat/catalog_maker

By the way what is the best way to contact to you?

Thank you
Best regards
Konstantin
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CatalogMaker 4.0.0

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, plugins@ghisler.com is no longer valid. Please use support at ghisler dot com.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
piligrim_pk

Post by *piligrim_pk »

Thank you for answer.
I have forwarded previous email to support at ghisler dot com just now.
norfie²
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie² »

2piligrim_pk
Thank you for your plugin update. It works like a charm. :mrgreen:
"War is evil, in so far as it makes more bad people than it takes away."
Immanuel Kant in "Perpetual Peace"
piligrim_pk

Post by *piligrim_pk »

Hello Christian!

Could you please check if my last email is reached your mailbox?
I am not sure if you received it.

If the issue still happens then you can take my new version from link below
http://totalcmd.net/plugring/catalogmaker.html
or by link in my first message.

Thank you
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No it didn't. Please try sending it again with Total Commander as a part of the mail subject to white list it. I'm getting several 100 spam mails per day.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
kesdoputr

Post by *kesdoputr »

A smaill question, now the setting file CatalogMaker.ini seems only can put at the root path of Total commander

Is this possible to let CatalogMaker.ini in the same path with CatalogMaker.wcx? Thank you.
piligrim_pk

Post by *piligrim_pk »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-08-08, 09:11 UTC No it didn't. Please try sending it again with Total Commander as a part of the mail subject to white list it. I'm getting several 100 spam mails per day.
I have just sent the email once more. Could you please check the email?
piligrim_pk

Post by *piligrim_pk »

kesdoputr wrote: 2019-08-24, 13:15 UTC A smaill question, now the setting file CatalogMaker.ini seems only can put at the root path of Total commander

Is this possible to let CatalogMaker.ini in the same path with CatalogMaker.wcx? Thank you.
CatalogMaker.ini file is written in folder c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER. This path is provided by TotalCommander.
The modern Windows versions limit access to system folders where applications are install. Applications should store their data in AppData folder.
So it is system requirement.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

piligrim_pk wrote: 2019-08-26, 16:57 UTC
kesdoputr wrote: 2019-08-24, 13:15 UTC A smaill question, now the setting file CatalogMaker.ini seems only can put at the root path of Total commander

CatalogMaker.ini file is written in folder c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER. This path is provided by TotalCommander.
The modern Windows versions limit access to system folders where applications are install. Applications should store their data in AppData folder.
No it isn't stored under c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER in all cases.
its definitely stored under TC's root dir which is fine for my portable TC environment but the plugins dir would be even better.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
piligrim_pk

Post by *piligrim_pk »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2019-08-26, 17:43 UTC
piligrim_pk wrote: 2019-08-26, 16:57 UTC

No it isn't stored under c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER in all cases.
its definitely stored under TC's root dir which is fine for my portable TC environment but the plugins dir would be even better.
Probably it is an issue of the portable TC environment. Anyway I get path for ini file from TC in API function PackSetDefaultParams. According to the description of this function "It is recommended to store any plugin-specific information either directly in that file, or in that directory under a different name." If I change it for you, it would not work for others. So I use recommended place to store ini file.
lisabon

Post by *lisabon »

You can make a compromise. If the CatalogMaker.ini file is located near CatalogMaker.wcx, then the configuration plugin is taken from CatalogMaker.ini which is located near CatalogMaker.wcx. If the CatalogMaker.ini file is not near CatalogMaker.wcx, then the settings are taken from CatalogMaker.ini, the path of which is taken from TC in API function PackSetDefaultParams.
piligrim_pk

Post by *piligrim_pk »

Guys, could you please explain what problem we try to solve? Why do we need to move ini file to another location?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

piligrim_pk wrote: 2019-08-28, 12:28 UTC Guys, could you please explain what problem we try to solve? Why do we need to move ini file to another location?
For Me none :D
Its allready portable.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
kesdoputr

Post by *kesdoputr »

I use portable ver too, it's just seems better that plugin's setting can put in plugin dir.

The plugin is working fine, thanks for your working :)