TC access to Adopted Storage of external SD as internal

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hammillian7

TC access to Adopted Storage of external SD as internal

Post by *Hammillian7 »

Hi,

This question is both android- and TC- related.

I have an S7 edge with Android 7.0, it's rooted and I have installed TWRP recovery and flashed the ASPlugin.zip (with root essentials app), to enable the Adopted Storage mechanism, which seemed to be missing previously.

My main purpose is to expand the almost exhausted internal storage to allow installation of more apps.

My current plan is formatting my external SD (128 GB) as mixed Adopted Storage: e.g., 40% internal and 60% external. (with the command "sm partition disk:179,0 mixed 60").

But I have done some previous test with another external SD, formatting all the SD as "internal" and I don't know where this internal storage is in the file tree.

So please, anybody:

1.- Where will that internal storage part of the external SD be? Where and how will it be accessible to TC?

2.- Will I be able to transfer files from/to it with TC or any other file manager?
Thanks,
Jose

Nubia Redmagic 7Pro with non-rooted Android 13
Hammillian7

Re: TC access to Adopted Storage of external SD as internal

Post by *Hammillian7 »

Hammillian7 wrote: 2019-08-09, 17:54 UTC 1.- Where will that internal storage part of the external SD be? Where and how will it be accessible to TC?

2.- Will I be able to transfer files from/to it with TC or any other file manager?
I reply to myself here, in case it be useful to anybody:

After having decided to complete the Adopted Storage procedure (in my rooted Galaxy S7 Edge with Androd 7.0, with a 128GB external SD):

1 A) Just after formatting the SD as mixed, but before "Migrate Data", the internal partition root is accessible at:

/mnt/expand/<long uuid>/

1 B) After the "Migrate Data" process, the root is still at the same previous subdir. Besides, the user data is at:

SDInt (name renamed from the original Device Memory, SD card)

, which is now at

/storage/emulated/0/

and also at:

/mnt/expand/<long uuid>/media/0/

2 Yes, those subdirs are accesible for both read and write from TC

Apart from that, contrary to what I had read, that only apps ready to be moved to SD would be moved to the Adopted Storage, it seems (not checked 100%) that all my apps have been moved there: TC, WhatsApp, Evernote, PlayStore, Mega, etc.
Thanks,
Jose

Nubia Redmagic 7Pro with non-rooted Android 13
mencoder

Re: TC access to Adopted Storage of external SD as internal

Post by *mencoder »

Hammillian7 wrote: 2019-08-15, 00:20 UTCI reply to myself here, in case it be useful to anybody
Registered here just to say THANK YOU! Your post helped me a lot to figure out how to deal with my adopted storage :wink: