2. all played Tracks in play counting order

Idea?

Greets maat
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Mediaplayer History

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Where should this be displayed, from a user point of view?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
matixx
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *matixx »

Inside the Player.
Idea: additional Button (inside 3points menue) "Historie" loads the historie as playlist and closed the actual loaded playlist to have a better overview.
Playlist can be sortet by time and count, nice to Do this is only via a app in gesture, e.g. SwipeDown switched between time and count. Playtime and Count value must be visible.

Playtime Duration for saving the track in the historie must be configureable. That means only Tracks that played e.g. longer then 10seconds has to be showing and stored in the historie.
Also nice is a possibility to delete specific entries in the playlist.
clifford_cooley

Post by *clifford_cooley »

matixx wrote: 2019-08-20, 09:58 UTCInside the Player.
Wouldn't a designated media player do the very thing you are asking? I'm not so certain I would want the bloat in a file manager.
License #116347
matixx
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *matixx »

Yes, but then it's not TC.
The big difference to other good Players is that TC for Android plays Music and Videos. Thats very rare and that is the mainpoint for me to use TC.

I know, my Szenario is very special because i listen videosets (Video Records from Music Clubs) and audiosets (Audio Records from Music Clubs) in one playlist.
I am a Music freak.
Every week i stored new Audio and Video on my phone and Listen this. Good Sets i Listen often and in so many cases i search for Tracks in the Internet that i Listen in the Sets. For that i need the play count of the playing Sets because months later i remember "yes, around february i Listen a Set very often with this one special track inside, but what was the Name of this set??".
Playtime and Playcount are very helpful for me to Do this.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The question is more how the user can get tracks from the history to his current window. I could just append the history to the playlist (but for how many tracks / how much time back?), or let the user choose tracks from the history (e.g. via checkboxes) etc. Also should tracks be listed multiple times in the history, for example when you play a track every day?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
matixx
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *matixx »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-08-22, 09:06 UTC The question is more how the user can get tracks from the history to his current window.
Becauso of that, it would be nice if the history is a simple playlist, loaded in the player.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-08-22, 09:06 UTC I could just append the history to the playlist (but for how many tracks / how much time back?)
Genrally for all the time and all tracks. Maybe fixed Filters can helpful, e.g. "last day", "last month", "last 3months", "all time".

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-08-22, 09:06 UTCor let the user choose tracks from the history (e.g. via checkboxes)
Normally a history.playlist is enough. We can browse trough the history and play it again. But it would be helpful if i can select specific track from the history.playlist and copy the entry to a new.playlist. This is also necessary in actual player, there is no possibility to save once loaded track in another playlist.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-08-22, 09:06 UTC etc. Also should tracks be listed multiple times in the history, for example when you play a track every day?
Yes. History.playlists in other players do this also.
Also used in other players is another font color for playlist entry if the track doesn´t exist anymore on the stored path because you have deleted the file. In this case the entry has to be showed also in historie, but with other font color.
My favorite function would be the history.playlist sorted by playcount.

I have an idea how to place the GUI Elements for history.playlist and actual playlist, see attached.
[IMG]https://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/3af572-1566557119.jpg[/IMG]