Want to have MP4 videos preview the content like M4Vs do

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AnotherGeorge

Want to have MP4 videos preview the content like M4Vs do

Post by *AnotherGeorge »

I just accidently discovered that, In "Thumbnail View" mode, M4V videos display a "thumbnail" of the contents of the video, but MP4 videos don't. But, if I just change "MP4" to "M4V" the renamed video also displays the contents of the video. Is there any way to get MP4 videos to display the video content without having to change their extensions?

Yes, I know that MP4s and M4Vs are essentially the same type of video. However, M4V is a proprietary - copyright - video format of Apple, and I can't find any information like that about MP4s. MP4 is the most common video format, so I don't think it has any DRM constraints in its creation, use or distribution. I want to keep the distinction between the two, plus I really, really, really don't want to change all my MP4 extensions just to get a thumbnail of their contents.

Anybody?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Want to have MP4 videos preview the content like M4Vs do

Post by *petermad »

Try and put *.m4v as a filetype in the Explorer method in your thumbnail configuration - like here: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/m4v.png
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar