Other button bars?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

crashdiet

Other button bars?

Post by *crashdiet »

Hello guys!

What about create other button bars? Is it available to create in new TC 9.22?

Not mean "create many buttons" on default bar or other recommendations of switchable buttons. I mean independent bars under each other - is there such ability?

* create many buttons on one bar - is good, but I have 100+ buttons & it becames difficult to sort them among themselves
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Other button bars?

Post by *Dalai »

Multiple button bars under each other is not possible AFAIK. The next best thing is to insert line breaks via the "Change >>" button of the "Change button bar" dialog.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

You can create many different button bars and load them one after the other.

Or create, say five buttons which each load an own button bar, which in turn have five buttons at first to change to the other bars.
For an start see >>>
https://sites.google.com/site/ultratceditors/button_bar_creator --or-- https://totalcmd.net/plugring/bar_creator.html

Also you can make an button to act like a drop-down-menu which also loads an *.bar file. ("[x]show as menu")

crashdiet

Post by *crashdiet »

Dalai wrote: 2019-09-05, 19:38 UTC Multiple button bars under each other is not possible AFAIK. The next best thing is to insert line breaks via the "Change >>" button of the "Change button bar" dialog.
What "line" do you mean? Vertical? Vertical line (between buttons) created if I press Add & leave button empty. It's clear & known.
crashdiet

Post by *crashdiet »

Stefan2 wrote: 2019-09-05, 19:50 UTC You can create many different button bars and load them one after the other.
Bad (( That reccomendations are still in Internet at least from 2000 year. Need is to have view of all buttons at moment, not to switch first button then go to button I need. Only waste time.

It's very strange, TC is good tool as tool of FAST working, but now is 2019 but it has no ability to create button bars & place them under each other. All advices "create button that load other bar" make work SLOW, not fast....many people need many buttons & need to see them all for fast switching, but cann't(
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

crashdiet wrote: 2019-09-05, 20:00 UTCWhat "line" do you mean?
Please read my post again. I'm not talking about lines but line breaks. Just try it for yourself in the dialog I mentioned and you'll see what it does and if that fits your needs.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
crashdiet

Post by *crashdiet »

Dalai wrote: 2019-09-05, 20:58 UTC Please read my post again. I'm not talking about lines but line breaks. Just try it for yourself in the dialog I mentioned and you'll see what it does and if that fits your needs.
Ye! Perfect! Didn't know, but now it looks great! Now can copy/paste buttons between the lines!... so don't need bars. Dalai thanx so much!!