Batch plot pdf

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

matu89

Batch plot pdf

Post by *matu89 »

hey have an amount of Pdf files that is want to print in A3 paper size.

is there a way or command to do it from TC command line ?

thanks.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Batch plot pdf

Post by *nsp »

By default, the print command (R-Click + print or ^F9 or cm_printfile ) use the default printer and only for the file under the cursor.
You should create a printer that have the default setting for your A3 page with a dedicated name.

If you do not have too many files, you can use sumatra pdf with the good printing option and pass the files as %S from a TC user command.

Use a viewer to print the pdf file by file to this "printer"for each selected files.
- The repeat can be done with a script or TCBL
- You can use as intermediate command "Bullzip PDF Studio", Foxit pdf Viewer, summatrapdf, CLPrint....

If you have many files you could have some memory issues if the intermediate printing pgm take too many ressource to enqueue the files.
matu89

Post by *matu89 »

nsp wrote: 2019-09-10, 13:17 UTC
If you do not have too many files, you can use sumatra pdf with the good printing option and pass the files as %S from a TC user command.

Use a viewer to print the pdf file by file to this "printer"for each selected files.
- The repeat can be done with a script or TCBL
- You can use as intermediate command "Bullzip PDF Studio", Foxit pdf Viewer, summatrapdf, CLPrint....
What do u mean to pass files as %s?
Can I give an example please to this command?

Why i need a pdf viewer? I already view my files via Sumatra...

Is there a way just to put a command to prind from TC command line without open the pdf files ?

Thanks
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

You can make a commad or a button with this sample :
command: <path to>\sumatrapdf.exe
parameters: -print-to <printer-name> -silent %S
start path:
Olfert

Post by *Olfert »

Why not use Windows' own multiprint feature? I would do like this:
1. Change default settings to A3 in my printer settings and set the printer default - or alternatively make a new printer with that default A3 setting.
2. Mark the files to print (I think 15 is the max though)
3. Right click one of them and select "print" from the context menu.
matu89

Post by *matu89 »

nsp wrote: 2019-09-10, 13:48 UTC You can make a commad or a button with this sample :
command: <path to>\sumatrapdf.exe
parameters: -print-to <printer-name> -silent %S
start path:
i paste the lines and change in <printer-name> the name of my printer and when i pressed the button is says "file not found"

i did the button right ?

here is the image of creating the button:
https://imgur.com/LxRgpzt

thanks for the help
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2matu89
Well, you need to download Sumatra PDF Reader, put it in some directory and point the button to it. That's what the place holders like <path to> are usually for. And, usually the place holders are completely replaced, i.e. including the < and > characters.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
matu89

Post by *matu89 »

Dalai wrote: 2019-09-10, 19:31 UTC 2matu89
Well, you need to download Sumatra PDF Reader, put it in some directory and point the button to it. That's what the place holders like <path to> are usually for. And, usually the place holders are completely replaced, i.e. including the < and > characters.

Regards
Dalai
thanks. its working .
what if i want to print any file type? not just a pdf file i can do that with that button ? i can type instead of sumatra.exe , a general command ?

thanks!
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

matu89 wrote: 2019-09-11, 04:29 UTC what if i want to print any file type?
In any case you must first install a program (viewer, plugin, etc.) which can view and print that file type. Otherwise you can only print binary view or hex dump.
Note that many file types aren't designed for printing, f.e. how do you want to print a movie?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

matu89 wrote: 2019-09-11, 04:29 UTC
thanks. its working .
what if i want to print any file type? not just a pdf file i can do that with that button ? i can type instead of sumatra.exe , a general command ?

thanks!
This command will work with all supported format that sumatrapdf can handle : text, jpg,png,gif..., pdf,ps,eps, epub ...
If you have made a A3 printer you will print in A3 and it is probably not what you want in all cases...
Some tools like 2printer or Batch & Print Pro 2019 or silent print alows more flexible filtering but i do not know free alternatives.
With powershell you can start a process with default application and verb print-to <> for almos all registered file types you will have to build your script yourself...
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Usher wrote: 2019-09-11, 12:54 UTC[...] f.e. how do you want to print a movie?
Frame by frame of course. But you might want to use duplex print and/or print multiple pages on a single sheet of paper :mrgreen:.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

Then make a book and manually turn pages to get animation effect, I suppose?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
matu89

Post by *matu89 »

nsp wrote: 2019-09-11, 16:03 UTC
matu89 wrote: 2019-09-11, 04:29 UTC
thanks. its working .

thanks!
This command will work with all supported format that sumatrapdf can handle : text, jpg,png,gif..., pdf,ps,eps, epub ...
I've tried to print a .txt file and it feild to print saying that the path didn't exist -well it does with .pdf files.

Is there a general viewer or TC plugin that can view a various file types - if I achieve that I can print that file types.

P.s
I also tried to open .txt file with Sumatra and it doesn't support that file...
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

matu89 wrote: 2019-09-17, 18:54 UTCI also tried to open .txt file with Sumatra and it doesn't support that file...
Really? Are you sure it's a plain text file? What encoding/charset/codepage does it use? What SumatraPDF version do you use?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
matu89

Post by *matu89 »

Usher wrote: 2019-09-17, 22:25 UTC
matu89 wrote: 2019-09-17, 18:54 UTCI also tried to open .txt file with Sumatra and it doesn't support that file...
Really? Are you sure it's a plain text file? What encoding/charset/codepage does it use? What SumatraPDF version do you use?
what do u mean plain text file ? i just want to print a .txt file i created by notepad.. sumatra version is :3.1.2 64 bit

thanks.