[Solved]How to let some files and folders do not show in the TotalCommander file list within the built-in function?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

colemanlee

[Solved]How to let some files and folders do not show in the TotalCommander file list within the built-in function?

Post by *colemanlee »

Hi,
How to let some files and folders do not show in the TotalCommander file list within the built-in function?
I need to copy\paste\test\delete different kinds and quantity of files to a folder which contains many folders and files, I want to hide the existing folders and files, then it will only show those test files and folders.
Is there a built-in command to do this, not Microsoft Windows explorer hide function?
Last edited by colemanlee on 2019-09-13, 06:09 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Total Commander
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to let some files and folders do not show in the TotalCommander file list within the built-in function?

Post by *ts4242 »

1- Select the folder(s)/file(s) you want to hide
2- Open Configuration dialog> Ignore list page
3- Press Add selected names with full path or Add selected names
colemanlee

Re: How to let some files and folders do not show in the TotalCommander file list within the built-in function?

Post by *colemanlee »

ts4242 wrote: 2019-09-12, 19:35 UTC 1- Select the folder(s)/file(s) you want to hide
2- Open Configuration dialog> Ignore list page
3- Press Add selected names with full path or Add selected names
Hi,
Problem solved, thnak you very much.
Now I can edit the %COMMANDER_PATH%\User\Tcignore.txt directly if I have a lot of folder(s)/file(s) to hide. But I have two new questions:
  1. What is the comments/remark symbol in Tcignore.txt?
  2. ---I want to separate these lines and add comments/remark like "//------useless------" or "/*------Obsolete------*/".
  3. If I edit the Tcignore.txt directly and then save it, I need to restart the TC to make it work, is it possiable to make it work with out restart?
Total Commander
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

1. I don't aware of any special comment character, anyway adding such comments or empty lines is acceptable.

2. Toggle ignore list, add the following button to your button bar and press it twice

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_SwitchIgnoreList

wcmicons.dll,81

colemanlee

Post by *colemanlee »

ts4242 wrote: 2019-09-13, 03:45 UTC 1. I don't aware of any special comment character, anyway adding such comments or empty lines is acceptable.

2. Toggle ignore list, add the following button to your button bar and press it twice

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_SwitchIgnoreList

wcmicons.dll,81

Hi,
It works perfectly, thank you very much.
Total Commander
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Any character that is not allowed in filenames may be used for commenting, e.g.:

: comment
// comment
You can also use valid characters if you write sequences that won't appear in your filenames, e.g.:

# This line shouldn't appear in filename to prevent accidental ignoring
And of course you can add empty lines for readability.

You can use my TCFS2 for toggling ignore list after its modification (it will only re-enable ignore list if it is enabled):

TCFS2 /ef "if(isIgnoreListEnabled, tcm(2922)+tcm(2922))"
colemanlee

Post by *colemanlee »

MVV wrote: 2019-09-13, 06:11 UTC Any character that is not allowed in filenames may be used for commenting, e.g.:

: comment
// comment
You can also use valid characters if you write sequences that won't appear in your filenames, e.g.:

# This line shouldn't appear in filename to prevent accidental ignoring
And of course you can add empty lines for readability.

You can use my TCFS2 for toggling ignore list after its modification (it will only re-enable ignore list if it is enabled):

TCFS2 /ef "if(isIgnoreListEnabled, tcm(2922)+tcm(2922))"
Hi,
Good plugin, thank you.
Total Commander