TC does not play MP2 audio files on a xperia Z3C via SMB

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Tom33

TC does not play MP2 audio files on a xperia Z3C via SMB

Post by *Tom33 »

Hello,

the TC used to play mp2 audio files on my S5mini on android 7.0, even if they were located on a windows share.
Now trying the same on an xperia z3c on android 6.01 the system shows a 'Toast' with text 'Media-player Error'.
Also other installed players on the Z3C do not play MP2 audio, except poweramp after renaming to MP3 and VLC without renaming.

So I told the TC to play the MP2 files in VLC, guess I tested this only for local MP2 files. Yesterday I tried this with files on a windows share and the VLC switched most of the times to video mode, but did not start to play anything, sometimes it switched to audio mode but also did not play anything - remained showing 'second 0'.
Then I re-installed VLC and switched off the energy saving mode on the Z3C. Then a MP2 audio file from the share was played - but still a remaining problem existed: After VLC played the first file, TC was not able to access the windows share anymore.

My impression is, that the programs seem to block each other from accessing the windows share.
(VLC has its own 'local network' realization, when -before the re-install- I used the VLC to play a MP3 from the share, TC was also not able to access the windows share anymore until I forced stop of VLC in the android settings).

How can it be achieved, that the TC built-in player plays MP2 audio files on a sony Z3C ?
How can it be achieved, that TC and VLC can access the windows share in parallel ?

Thanks, Thomas
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC does not play MP2 audio files on a xperia Z3C via SMB

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

How can it be achieved, that the TC built-in player plays MP2 audio files on a sony Z3C ?
It sounds to me that the Z3C is missing the MP2 codec in the Android media player framework. Only players like VLC which come with their own decoding functions will work.
How can it be achieved, that TC and VLC can access the windows share in parallel ?
If you open a file from Total Commander's LAN plugin, it will be made available to VLC from within Total Commander, nur using VLC's own SMB client.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com