QuickSearch eXtended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dindog

Re: QuickSearch eXtended

Post by *dindog »

Samuel wrote: 2019-10-17, 18:45 UTC
dindog wrote: 2019-10-10, 05:00 UTC i got a error in contentgetsupportedfield when try to add a content wdx shelldetails, using tc9.22a and quicksearch extented 2.27
Hey,
sorry I decided not to put too much effort in wdx plugins. I know they are hard to debug and some plugins seem to have problems others not. When I looked at it in the past it was time consuming and confusing.
Sorry I will not look into it. Anyone else can do if he wants. (The source code is there.)
ok, i can live with that.
Samuel, do you think it is logical to allow the negative char input when allow input leading to empty result was unchecked, like other search mode option key like * and ?, it is weird I have to input PDF then move the cursor to the very beginning input the ! to filter anything contain PDF
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

dindog wrote: 2019-10-18, 12:15 UTC Samuel, do you think it is logical to allow the negative char input when allow input leading to empty result was unchecked, like other search mode option key like * and ?, it is weird I have to input PDF then move the cursor to the very beginning input the ! to filter anything contain PDF
IMO this Option is one of the most important ones. If one decides to not check it, he has to deal with the described consequences.
dindog

Post by *dindog »

Samuel wrote: 2019-10-19, 05:22 UTC
dindog wrote: 2019-10-18, 12:15 UTC Samuel, do you think it is logical to allow the negative char input when allow input leading to empty result was unchecked, like other search mode option key like * and ?, it is weird I have to input PDF then move the cursor to the very beginning input the ! to filter anything contain PDF
IMO this Option is one of the most important ones. If one decides to not check it, he has to deal with the described consequences.
I just don't see the reason why I can input ! in the beginning will connect to "allow leading to empty result" or not, it's not a valid filename char anyway, it's more sense to allow users input ! to state that: I am going to have a inverse filter.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

QuickSearch eXtended handles "!" as "negate anything that comes next". IMO for consistency this should also negate the empty string.
dindog

Post by *dindog »

Samuel wrote: 2019-10-19, 05:45 UTC QuickSearch eXtended handles "!" as "negate anything that comes next". IMO for consistency this should also negate the empty string.
You got a point, totally right for consistency.
But in a file manager filter negative to empty string is pointless, and I don't think there will be intentional user input of ! empty string IMHO. Please consider to make it a special condition.
dindog

Post by *dindog »

2Samuel
The reason why I didnt use it by default is that its a good feature. Because it stops your input if no more files are in list.

<Edit>: 2Christian: Perhaps there could be three states for "allow empty result":

0 - longer search strings can't return more results
8 - longer search strings can return more results (also allow empty result) -> for RegEx
16 - longer search strings can return more results (but disallow empty result) -> for Or

</Edit>
I wonder did Mr Ghisler implement this extra states for allow empty result in the end?
I like when no match, I can't input most of the time, but it's really strange when I need "|" or regex.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

dindog wrote: 2020-01-12, 17:02 UTC I wonder did Mr Ghisler implement this extra states for allow empty result in the end?
I didn't read about it.
SebastianSmag

Post by *SebastianSmag »

Hello, first of all thank you very much for the extension. I like it very much. Actually I was looking for a way to filter my comments.

But I've found a bug. I use FileDiz to get to the column that can be found with QuickSearch eXtended.
The problem is that when I change, delete or add a comment, Quicksearch doesn't notice it and still shows or doesn't show the correct result (for example a directory).

This also happens when I remove a comment. Quicksearch still finds the respective line.

Only when I change (switch back and forth) the search algorithm, it works.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Try to reduce the cache size of content plugins to 0, to prevent cached values. Will result in slower responses in big directories.
SebastianSmag

Post by *SebastianSmag »

It works. Thank you!
kamusis

Post by *kamusis »

Hi Samuel
First of all, thank your for the effort, it's really a amazing plugin to let us search by PinYin.

and... then I have a some questions.

1. According to tcmatch.pdf, you said tcmatch.ini can be customized by GUI, but where is it? I installed the plugin, restart TC, and yes, " tcmatch.ini" has been created, but how can I use GUI to modify it? Is there a menu option hidden in the TC menu bar?

2. Press Ctrl+S and type your search string to use “QuickSearch eXtended”. Yes, it works, can find out both Chinese file name by PinYin and English file name by the characters. But I'm wonder if I can just type characters in the file list window, and cursor will jump to the matched file, just like TC's original quick search option. And now, it's only can jump to the English file name, Chinese file name by PinYin was omitted.

Thank you!
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

Hi and welcome, kamusis.
kamusis wrote: 2020-10-08, 12:54 UTC
1. According to tcmatch.pdf, you said tcmatch.ini can be customized by GUI, but where is it?
I installed the plugin, restart TC, and yes, " tcmatch.ini" has been created, but how can I use GUI to modify it?
Is there a menu option hidden in the TC menu bar?

Thank you!

See >>> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22592
>>> Please, please, please read the readme

Readme.pdf:
Additional user interface
The user interface for further customizations could be reached with this button (in the QuickSearch -search dialog itself): <picture>
If you deactivated the additionally user interface, launch the “tcmatch.exe” in TCs folder.

Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

kamusis wrote: 2020-10-08, 12:54 UTC2. Press Ctrl+S and type your search string to use “QuickSearch eXtended”. Yes, it works, can find out both Chinese file name by PinYin and English file name by the characters. But I'm wonder if I can just type characters in the file list window, and cursor will jump to the matched file, just like TC's original quick search option. And now, it's only can jump to the English file name, Chinese file name by PinYin was omitted.
Unfortunatly not. Its only possible to filter via the Ctrl+S-Textbox. TCs matching plugins are restricted to that.
kamusis

Post by *kamusis »

Readme.pdf:
Additional user interface
The user interface for further customizations could be reached with this button (in the QuickSearch -search dialog itself): <picture>
If you deactivated the additionally user interface, launch the “tcmatch.exe” in TCs folder.
Thank you, actually I found it after I did the post last night ...
Last edited by kamusis on 2020-10-09, 04:39 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
kamusis

Post by *kamusis »

Samuel wrote: 2020-10-08, 14:21 UTC Unfortunatly not. Its only possible to filter via the Ctrl+S-Textbox. TCs matching plugins are restricted to that.
Got it, it's OK, Thank you!