Change the view format in the active panel

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jgkwiatek

Change the view format in the active panel

Post by *jgkwiatek »

I have been using ES File Explorer and am considering changing to TC4A. However, I cannot find a solution for changing the view format of the active panel.

From what I see, directories and files are displayed in what I would call a "detail view", showing the file size and date and time last edited. I would like the ability to change this, especially for certain folders, so that I see only the icons and perhaps have the ability to view the icons as small, medium or large like ES File Explorer does. This is useful when looking through folders of graphic files.

Beside detail view and icon view, a simple list view would be nice too, just like in ES File Explorer.

I would also like to see Read/Write attributes in the detail view.

Thanks,
John
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Change the view format in the active panel

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your suggestion. Currently a simple one line view isn't supported because it is very hard to touch such narrow lines with a finger. It wouldn't be a problem with a mouse, e.g. with Samsung DEX desktop mode. But for a touch screen it's not a good idea.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2ghisler(Author)
Some people use stylus pens, tablets or larger touch screens, so narrow lines may be useful for those cases.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
jgkwiatek

Post by *jgkwiatek »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-10-24, 08:45 UTC Thanks for your suggestion. Currently a simple one line view isn't supported because it is very hard to touch such narrow lines with a finger. It wouldn't be a problem with a mouse, e.g. with Samsung DEX desktop mode. But for a touch screen it's not a good idea.
Thank you for replying. What about having a view option to show only icons? This would be useful in folders that have mostly graphic images. It would also be nice to then also have an option to select between small, medium and large icons.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You mean like a gallery app? Yes, this would indeed be useful for viewing images.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
You mean like a gallery app? Yes, this would indeed be useful for viewing images.
Support++.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
jgkwiatek

Post by *jgkwiatek »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-10-25, 16:03 UTC You mean like a gallery app? Yes, this would indeed be useful for viewing images.
Yes, exactly. Without showing the details for each file, more images can be shown in the same amount of space because several of them can be displayed on each line. I'd also like to add that it would be nice to have options to view the icons as small, medium or large so that you can see them clearer if need be.
Tippfehler

Post by *Tippfehler »

- - - Support :x

I wouldn't enjoy having more thumbnails clutter to periodically remove - use a gallery app for looking at large thumbnails, like Simple Gallery, or F-Stop.#
To have TC do something useful with files shared from these apps, now that would be nice! As it stands, sharing is only good for copying files (unchanged) from one place to another.
jgkwiatek

Post by *jgkwiatek »

Tippfehler wrote: 2019-10-25, 21:07 UTC
- - - Support :x

I wouldn't enjoy having more thumbnails clutter to periodically remove - use a gallery app for looking at large thumbnails, like Simple Gallery, or F-Stop.#
To have TC do something useful with files shared from these apps, now that would be nice! As it stands, sharing is only good for copying files (unchanged) from one place to another.
I believe that you misunderstood what this request is all about. It has absolutely nothing to do with thumbnails.

When browsing through folders with TC4A I may come across a folder that is comprised of image files. To make it easier to see which of these files should be moved to a different folder, it would be nice to be able to change from the current detail view to a view showing only the icons. This way each line can display several files instead of just one, so you can see more files on each page(screen). It would also be nice to have the added ability to view the icons in various sizes, small, medium and large, in order to better identify files. If you can recommend another Android app that can already do this, please let me know. Otherwise, I think it may be a nice addition to TC4A.
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2jgkwiatek
Well, an icon with picture preview is called a thumbnail. So what exactly do you want to see - standard icons (the same for all files of the same type) or thumbnails with picture preview allowing to select pictures by their theme?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
JoseG1059

Post by *JoseG1059 »

Would be nice to have the "thumbnail" that is displayed on the start of the file list as an option to be displayed alone with no other file description and the option to switch back and forth. File list view with all file info including the small thumbnail (select option button) switched to just a larger view of that thumbnail.