[Resolved Invalid]filename contain "Open" will pronpt error by alt+enter

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dindog

[Resolved Invalid]filename contain "Open" will pronpt error by alt+enter

Post by *dindog »

i am not sure does it cause by other application on my pc, but i got only my own laptop access for the moment.

I first noticed when i try to change a file attribute by right-click menu then select attribute. But it prompt error saying that the filename is illegal. I delete the filename word by word and tracked down it will happen as long as the filename has "打开", which means "open" in Chinese, regardless the file extension or content.

Then i test clean wincmd.ini TC7.5 TC8.5 and TC9.2, all can reproduce the case, I also tried English, "open" is ok, while "Open" will bring.the same error.

my machine is running tc9.5b3 and win10 64bit simplified chinese.

here is the screenshot of the error message, in Chinese
https://i.postimg.cc/FzCjvJxs/2019.jpg
Last edited by dindog on 2019-11-07, 06:48 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: filename contain "Open" will pronpt error by alt+enter

Post by *Dalai »

The textfield in your screenshot MUST NOT contain a path! It's supposed to be a filename only. When trying to type characters forbidden in filenames, the system shows a balloon tip stating that fact. So the question is: How were you able to input a path into this text field? I'm pretty sure that the error message you see is related to this.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
dindog

Post by *dindog »

Dalai wrote: 2019-11-06, 17:14 UTC The textfield in your screenshot MUST NOT contain a path! It's supposed to be a filename only. When trying to type characters forbidden in filenames, the system shows a balloon tip stating that fact. So the question is: How were you able to input a path into this text field? I'm pretty sure that the error message you see is related to this.

Regards
Dalai
I didn't do that, tc did. the actual filename of the file in screenshot is AOpen.
in explorer is fine.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is a property dialog belonging to Windows, not Total Commander. Are you able to rename the file with TC's internal function, Shift+F6?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
dindog

Post by *dindog »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-11-06, 17:27 UTC This is a property dialog belonging to Windows, not Total Commander. Are you able to rename the file with TC's internal function, Shift+F6?
i can. it's a normal file with legal filename, everything is good except when i try to open the property dialog in tc.(alt+enter or right-click menu property will be the same)

oh, one more thing, tc7.5 and tc8.5 won't say it contain illegal chatacter, just nothing, the property dialog won't show at all
dindog

Post by *dindog »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-11-06, 17:27 UTC This is a property dialog belonging to Windows, not Total Commander. Are you able to rename the file with TC's internal function, Shift+F6?
sorry, it is a false alarm. i hook the class #32770 dialog for standard save & open dialog in ahk when it switch from tc to #32770, openning property in tc fit the condition... please close this topic as an invalid report
Hacker

Re: [Resolved Invalid]filename contain "Open" will pronpt error by alt+enter

Post by *Hacker »

[mod="Hacker"]Moved to the English forum.[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.