Error installing 9.50 beta 4

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Alexey Lukin

Error installing 9.50 beta 4

Post by *Alexey Lukin »

When installing TC 9.50 beta 4, I'm getting an error message: Could not open file C:\Program Files\TotalCmd\NOCLOSE.EXE for writing. The installer then quits and the installation does not complete.
The apparent reason seems that NOCLOSE.EXE is running during the installation. Killing the process does allow the installer to complete.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Error installing 9.50 beta 4

Post by *Dalai »

Do you run the TC setup via Shift+Enter? If so, noclose.exe is launched, und thus can't be written to by the setup.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Alexey Lukin

Post by *Alexey Lukin »

I don't think so, I've run it from Firefox's downloads window. However it's possible that one of command-line windows has been open that could have used noclose.exe.
Miles Tails Prower

Post by *Miles Tails Prower »

Alexey Lukin wrote: 2019-11-08, 20:08 UTC I don't think so, I've run it from Firefox's downloads window. However it's possible that one of command-line windows has been open that could have used noclose.exe.
I'm having the same problem.
Miles Tails Prower

Post by *Miles Tails Prower »

But when I try to install it, it says "Can't install because the file C:/Program Files/Total Commander/filesystem.txt is missing. Is it trying to find a Total Commander file? I don't know.
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

I'm afraid that you should run TC installer as Administrator to properly install TC in Program Files. At least don't turn off UAC and run installer from Windows Explorer rather than directly from the browser.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator