xp pro - after compare and sychronize- TC compares again

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

redmike

xp pro - after compare and sychronize- TC compares again

Post by *redmike »

Hi,

FTP

afer doing a "compare files" and then hitting, "synchronise" TC downloads 3-4 files and the goes back to the "compare" mode.

this happens on my XP system but my W2k system works OK.

v. 5.51

any help would be appreciated,

Mike
Clo

Update TC

Post by *Clo »

2redmike
:) Hello !
v. 5.51
:shock: The current version of TC is 6.03a. You might update your copy, then, please, let's know what occurs… Many problems have been fixed up since the 5.51; if you don't like the folder-tabs, you can simply disable that feature totally.

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

redmike,
FTP
afer doing a "compare files" and then hitting, "synchronise" TC downloads 3-4 files and the goes back to the "compare" mode.
That's normal. You can abort the recomparison using Esc. Christian explained somewhere somewhen why this is done, however, I can't find that thread now, sorry.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
redmike

Post by *redmike »

Hi Hacker,

the only problem with hitting the escape key and stopping the compare is that I'm left with 3-4 downloaded files instead of 15,0000 or so :-)

Hi Clo,

I'll try upgrading to the latest version and report back.

thanks

Mike
Mike
redmike

Post by *redmike »

I just tried a compare and synchronize using 6.03a and it didn't make any difference.

After the compare finished, I hit synchronize and one folder got downloaded and then the program went back into the compare mode again.

I would assume that this is an XP pro - TC problem as I don't have it on my W2k machine.

thanks

Mike
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

redmike,
Ah, ok, sorry, I misunderstood your problem.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.