Change directory in archives

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JanTleskac

Change directory in archives

Post by *JanTleskac »

When browsing archive why the directory is changed? Is there any way to disable it? I receive unexpected result when i try to copy file from archive to relative path like ".." . Copied file drops in temporary directory.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Change directory in archives

Post by *Sheepdog »

JanTleskac wrote:When browsing archive why the directory is changed? Is there any way to disable it? I receive unexpected result when i try to copy file from archive to relative path like ".." . Copied file drops in temporary directory.
The directory changes if there's an archive in the archive. That is discussed by the author at this forum somewhere sometimes. He hasn't found a way out of it.

It also happens if you go out of such an archive some special way (I think it was backspace?) that you are in the temp directory.

To prevent this you could only unpack the archive in the archive with '..' and then switch to this unpacked archive.

Hope you catch the idea :roll:

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

JanTleskac,
When browsing archive why the directory is changed?
Simply because the archive is unpacked into %temp%\_TC\ which becomes the current dir.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.