Is it possible to use Onedrive with multiple accounts?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

IvoA1975

Is it possible to use Onedrive with multiple accounts?

Post by *IvoA1975 »

Hi,

I use the Cloud2.10 plugin to logon to my personal Onedrive (with the option Onedrive New).

When I read this forum, it seems it should be possible to create a second Onedrive link in the Network (\\Network\Cloud) environment to my business account by storing also the logon credentials. But when I try to do that, the new link is just not created. So I create a second link in the \\Network\Cloud folder with a different logon, but when I hit OK, this link is just not created.

Also, when I change my old link to use a different logon, it just keeps using the old logon credentials...

How does it work to also access my business Onedrive (preferable without removing my personal one)?

P.S. I use Onedrive both personal and business but both are on a separate Microsoft account

Kind regards,

Ivo
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to use Onedrive with multiple accounts?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

If you cannot add or change accounts, it means that the tccloud.ini file is not writable. It's stored in the same directory as the wincmd.ini, see menu Help - About Total Commander for the location on your PC.

You can give normal users write rights to this file via Alt+Enter - Security.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
IvoA1975

Post by *IvoA1975 »

Hi,

Thnx for your quick reply, I checked this tccloud.ini file (located in %AppData%\Ghisler), but it is writable.
I added all users in my system to be able to have all rights for this file, just to be sure, and restarted Total Commander. But still I am unable to add a second OneDrive link with other credentials.

I am able to change the credentials in the existing Onedrive link, but it just does not use them. When i double click on it, it goes to my former account.

Kind regards, Ivo.
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2IvoA1975
You must turn off automatic login in your browser for all Microsoft accounts. Otherwise you will always login to the last account used and not logged out. If you don't want to delete cookies, you can use Firefox with separate user profile.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
IvoA1975

Post by *IvoA1975 »

OK, that might work, but I think I am not authorized to login to my work account when using my personal laptop (I get a message telling me as much).
I guess there's no way around that, so unfortunately I cannot test your solution.

But thanks for your reply, I now know how this works.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe you can use a different browser for each login, e.g. Chrome for one and Edge for the other? If you are on Windows 10, at least Internet Explorer and Edge should be preinstalled and use their own set of cookies/login credentials. Btw, the built-in browser is based on Internet Explorer.
Phred

Post by *Phred »

I too am having this trouble.

I have set up two Microsoft accounts in the Cloud addon - different 'classes': OneDrive and OneDrive for Business/School, but if I'm already signed in to one account in TC, seeing my files, managing them as I normally would with TC, and then move to another TC tab and sign in with other credentials to the other account - I get a slightly different folder structure, but under that, under a [personal] folder, I find the files & folders of my first account. Nowhere are the second account's files.

I don't seem to be able to discriminate between, separate, the two accounts - let alone a third.

I'm curious about the references to browsers, above, since there's no apparent browser in TC's Cloud addon. I have Firefox, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi, Chredge, Chrome, and possibly IE behind the scenes here somewhere - and Firefox is the default. I use Microsoft's Android Authenticator app to sign in on my PCs - for each account.

I can't see that there's a Chinese Wall between accounts.

I have begun using the new Containers addon for Firefox that lets me sign in to different Microsoft accounts simultaneously, and that's working well - but the question of the relationship between TC/Cloud and browsers remains.

It can happen that if I return to the first account's link in TC it just 'dings', refuses progress. Only the second account's link in TC is operational. I have had to close TC to re-establish control.

I have also had and 'invalid_grant' error:
'The request was denied because one or more scopes are unauthoris/zed or expired. The user must first sign in and grant the client application access to the requested scope.
'The connect code has expired. You need to log in to connect.'

- and then TC proceeds normally, albeit with the errors noted above.

This occurs on more than one PC; all Win10 1909+

Great addon, Btw.
Cloud 2.2

PS there doesn't seem to be a sign-out control in the addon, but later...
Regards, PhredE
Licence holder since 1999
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2Phred
You can use more Onedrive accounts if you first logout from the first account (in TC and in your browser) and only then login to another account.

It's impossible to open simultaneously two different Onedrive accounts in a single browser instance.

You can open simultaneously two Onedrive accounts only when you login using different browsers (or different user profiles in another browser instance). However, I don't know if it will work OK in a single TC instance. I didn't test it.

You can find more details in this topic: https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43458&start=45
Last edited by Usher on 2020-05-11, 13:51 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, you can be logged into two different OneDrive accounts at the same time, I have just tried it. Just save the credentials with a master password.