Totalcmd less and less fiable !

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

NotNull

Re: Totalcmd less and less fiable !

Post by *NotNull »

Hacker wrote: 2020-03-14, 20:00 UTC No, he/she does not. Saying "some TC features are not useful" without saying which is completely useless, it's as informational as saying nothing.
That is the (his/her) big picture. If you (in general) didn't back him/her in the corner by calling him/her a troll, you might get some answers when asking for details. Don't think that is an option now.

But that's it for me. I wanted to point out another perspective and I did. I don't feel the need to "convert" anyone or to be @roedi's advocate.
Just think twice before calling anyone a troll.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

NotNull,
If you (in general) didn't back him/her in the corner by calling him/her a troll, you might get some answers when asking for details.
I honestly doubt that.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Well many years ago Windows Commander now Total Commander was an excellent companion, crawling through the files and dirs, zips and bytes..
But in time became heavier to use since now is packed with things that are not useful or not needed, back then in his golden age was like King like
Nero Burning Rom was among the cd's.
Well, in that case there is always the option of not upgrading :roll: The first 32bit version from 1996 (v. 3.00) should still be able to run even under Windows 10.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

petermad,
True.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
j7n

Post by *j7n »

roedi wrote: 2020-03-13, 09:14 UTClike Nero Burning Rom it faded when as Nero tried to pack and pack and add and get fat with utilities
I do not see the similarity. Total Commander relies on 3rd party plugins and system components for much of commonly needed functionality (such as Everything search), minimally integrates with the operating system, unlike Nero, it does not include any services, such as a search accelerator, automated backup or disk image manipulation, and does not include inefficient, often changing graphical front-ends. At times I wish TC did come with more functionality in its core, but it doesn't.
#148174 Personal license
Running Total Commander v8.52a