Changing regular copy or move to queue

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bzemer

Changing regular copy or move to queue

Post by *bzemer »

Hi,
It would be helpful to be able to click a button and send an already accruing copy or move to the queue, without having to cancel it and redoing the copy/ move action and then sending to queue.

Boaz
vdijken

Re: Changing regular copy or move to queue

Post by *vdijken »

That is already present. When you perform a copy action, a window showing the progress pops up. On that window there is button to switch from foreground to background and the other way around. So when you click on "Background" you can use TC, even for more copy actions in the background!
Dark-Star

Post by *Dark-Star »

Copying in Background is not the same as queueing though. Especially on slower paths (SATA disks, CD ROMs, etc.) having multiple background copies is a bad idea. In that case you might want to be able to "fix" your mistake by taking one of those background copies and moving it to the queue (copy->F2)

I also missed this a couple of times but I usually work around it by pausing all but one transfers and then un-pausing them sequentially
#40099 50-user license
arko

Post by *arko »

@bzemer, are you referring to the "Queue" functionality of Double Commander?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

arko wrote: 2020-07-05, 01:56 UTC @bzemer, are you referring to the "Queue" functionality of Double Commander?
I guess the reference is to TC's "Commands" -> "Background Transfer Manager" (also accessible via F2 in the "Copy" dialog , F5 -> F2), which is NOT the same as clicking the "Background" button in the "Copy" progress dialog during a copy process.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
arko

Post by *arko »

petermad wrote: 2020-07-05, 11:11 UTC
arko wrote: 2020-07-05, 01:56 UTC @bzemer, are you referring to the "Queue" functionality of Double Commander?
I guess the reference is to TC's "Commands" -> "Background Transfer Manager" (also accessible via F2 in the "Copy" dialog , F5 -> F2), which is NOT the same as clicking the "Background" button in the "Copy" progress dialog during a copy process.
Interesting! Had no idea it exists in TC. Now, I might have discovered a bug, but do you see that window being suspiciously unresponsive with remote-FS (SMB, NFS, etc) mounted in explorer?

Here is the screen-recording to illustrate the problem: Image: https://i.imgur.com/CNTFa7n.gif