(solved) external Media reader: how to hide unused drives ? (HideRemovableNoMedia=7)

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Planetdune

(solved) external Media reader: how to hide unused drives ? (HideRemovableNoMedia=7)

Post by *Planetdune »

Hello

So after my usual partitions TC lists like 5 or so "drives" that are all just parts of my media reader thing. Like one is my SCard slot, the other MicroSD, the other xD and so on.. As I only use these rarely is it possible to hide these in a way it only pops up when there is actual something inserted in the slot?
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Media reader and drives it lists

Post by *tuska »

Hello,

Please try this:

wincmd.ini

Code: Select all

[Configuration]
HideRemovableNoMedia=7
Planetdune

Post by *Planetdune »

Works, they should add this flag to the config screen UI :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It's a hidden flag because some special drives with removable media take seconds or even minutes to respond when asked whether they have media in them. I would have made it the default if not for these problem drives...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Planetdune

Post by *Planetdune »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2020-06-11, 10:11 UTC It's a hidden flag because some special drives with removable media take seconds or even minutes to respond when asked whether they have media in them. I would have made it the default if not for these problem drives...
Reinstalled Windows so needed to re-apply this. Now noticed in the latest version of Total Commander (using 11.0) there is no "wincmd.ini". Not in the TC directory and tried a full search for the file on my C: drive but nothing. Has this method changed?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2Planetdune
There's no need to search for wincmd.ini. Use Configuration > Change settings files directly instead, as this will automatically open the correct wincmd.ini (in Notepad).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Planetdune

Post by *Planetdune »

Dalai wrote: 2023-08-23, 17:16 UTC 2Planetdune
There's no need to search for wincmd.ini. Use Configuration > Change settings files directly instead, as this will automatically open the correct wincmd.ini (in Notepad).

Regards
Dalai
Thank you, this worked.