Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Michael Z Freeman

Some UI elements too small in 4K

Post by *Michael Z Freeman »

SSc

Re: Some UI elements too small in 4K

Post by *SSc »

Michael,
have you tried to adjust the DPI scale factor for dialog boxes in TC font settings? The screenshot is from my german version, but you will recognize it:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/cFbHN35/tc-dialogbox-font.png[/img]
Michael Z Freeman

Thanks. That did it. Not an obvious setting and TC could do with a settings search. Also I'm used to applications auto detecting the PPI. Of course it will also be too big when I change to 1920x1080. Button bar has 2 settings to enlarge it and suffers from tthe same issue.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's strange, TC usually picks up the scale factor from the system. Maybe it was set to a lower value in that dialog?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Michael Z Freeman

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2021-03-14, 13:51 UTC That's strange, TC usually picks up the scale factor from the system. Maybe it was set to a lower value in that dialog?
OK, nice to hear it should have done. I'm almost certain that I never would have turned on Dialog Box Scaling in the Font settings as A. Windows 10 was newly installed as was TC. B. I only just got this 4k display so never knew about this setting so would never have touched it.

As you can see in the screenshot TC does scale many elements, its just the toolbar and the GUI elements controlled by the above setting that never get the message.