generic wine wrapper

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Rookie-Doo

Post by *Rookie-Doo »

Bodenseepferd wrote:UPDATE: Problem solved. The mistake was that I created the file with notepad. It has to be created in some Linux text-editor, like e.g. gedit. Now it works.
Ah, good to know.

Bodenseepferd, please let me know if you found out how to adjust the way the script opens linked programs. JPGs are still opened with GIMP on my system although outside TC they are opened with Viewnior.
Bodenseepferd

Preferred Applications

Post by *Bodenseepferd »

@rookie-doo: I double-clicked the script file only to check, if it worked.
Your problem with the wrong application is no longer a problem:
It has NOTHING to do with TC. You simply go to settings ("Einstellungen") in the Linux start-menu (at least that's were I found it under Mint 17), and then you look for s.th. like "preferred applications" ("Bevorzugte Einstellungen"). It is THERE, where you choose the application for different files. You'll find an entry "photos", "images" or s.th. similar and behind it you can change from gimp to whatever else you have (I am using Vallen Jpegger e.g.).
Rookie-Doo

Re: Preferred Applications

Post by *Rookie-Doo »

Bodenseepferd wrote:Your problem with the wrong application is no longer a problem:
It has NOTHING to do with TC. You simply go to settings ("Einstellungen") in the Linux start-menu (at least that's were I found it under Mint 17), and then you look for s.th. like "preferred applications" ("Bevorzugte Einstellungen"). It is THERE, where you choose the application for different files. You'll find an entry "photos", "images" or s.th. similar and behind it you can change from gimp to whatever else you have (I am using Vallen Jpegger e.g.).
That's why I said "although outside TC they are opened with Viewnior" which means: There is already set another program than GIMP for JPGs. For example:

If I browse my files with Thunar PNGs and JPGs are opened with Viewnior, not GIMP. If I browse the same folder with wrapped TC, PNGs are opened with Viewnior and JPGs are opened with GIMP.
konfekt

Re: generic wine wrapper

Post by *konfekt »

The tips on setting up total commander under wine now include instructions for an alternative utility to set up the default application file associations under Linux (using the XDG standard).