IconClickSelection=1 I think it's problematic in thumbnail mode.

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ruizrzr1

IconClickSelection=1 I think it's problematic in thumbnail mode.

Post by *ruizrzr1 »

It's difficult for me to decide when it will be selected or deselected. When I use a large thumbnail, I find it easy to click on the upper left corner and lower left corner of the thumbnail as selected. However, when I use a small thumbnail, any part on the left of the thumbnail that I click will be regarded as selected. I hope to limit the selected range to the left part of the text at the bottom of the thumbnail, or add restrictions to prevent it from acting on the thumbnail mode
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IconClickSelection=1 I think it's problematic in thumbnail mode.

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Actually the entire left edge is clickable in thumbnail view to select/unselect the item, not just the lower and upper left corners.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ruizrzr1

Post by *ruizrzr1 »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-07-14, 08:21 UTC Actually the entire left edge is clickable in thumbnail view to select/unselect the item, not just the lower and upper left corners.
You are right. Clicking on the entire left edge will be considered selected. Can you narrow the recognition range when using a smaller thumbnail and make it proportional to the size of the thumbnail? When you use a smaller thumbnail, selecting a file will become too easy, even if you just want to click
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

For consistency reasons, I use the with of the icon in full/brief view for the width of the area to select/unselect a file. Unless you make the thumbnails really tiny, this shouldn't be a problem.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com