multiple attributes copies in download folder total commander 10.5 silent release

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

harlequinsenigma

multiple attributes copies in download folder total commander 10.5 silent release

Post by *harlequinsenigma »

hey thanx for the release, probably hard work :)
this is probably a bug that has reoccured. i think i saw it earlier in another version.
it basically copies the timestamp of the files onto multiple files, it retained some days timestamp though, but it is multiple copies there as well. so i have several days of downloads with the same timestamp with some days retained. thought you should know. :shock:
-åge, bergen, norway
Last edited by harlequinsenigma on 2022-07-13, 18:56 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
harlequinsenigma

Re: multiple attributes copies in download folder total commander 10.5 silent release

the oldest downloads were not affected
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: multiple attributes copies in download folder total commander 10.5 silent release

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I do not understand your report. Can you give me more details, please?
1. What program did you use to download?
2. If you used Total Commander itself for the downloads, which function did you use (e.g. Ctrl+N with http, Ctrl+F ftp etc)?
3. If you didn't use Total Commander for downloads, what did you do with the files?

For example, when you download files from FTP, there is a checkbox whether you want to preserve the timestamps of the remote files, or give the downloaded files the current date and time. This function has existed for much longer than Total Commander 10.50.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
harlequinsenigma

hey this is åge
i just remember opening the program total commander & going to the download folder.
then discovering there was temping with the timestamps..
i did this in an earlier release as well..
sorry i couldnt be of more help

-åge
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander itself does not change the timestamps of files when you just go to their folder.
It's possible that an icon handler for that file type opens the file(s) for loading the icons in read/write mode, then the timestamp would change to the current time. If this is the case for you, the files will have the current date and time. Can you tell me what file types are affected?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com