Esc sometimes not working in directory compare

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lolly-Bob

Esc sometimes not working in directory compare

Post by *Lolly-Bob »

Sometimes it happens that in directory compare window the escape key doesn't work after comparing two files with Ctrl + F3. When I click then into the directory compare window anywhere for focusing, it doesn't help. I have to click on the X in the upper right corner. I saw it in TC 10.0 to 10.50 RC 3. I let open the directory compare window in a separate process.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Esc sometimes not working in directory compare

Post by *Dalai »

TC's synchronize directories window can be closed by pressing ESC as long as there were not any modifications made, i.e. unselecting files to copy, reversing direction and so on. This is intentional. Otherwise the user would lose the modifications/work made so far when accidentally pressing ESC.

Did you make any such modifications to the file selection prior to trying to close the window by ESC?

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Lolly-Bob

Post by *Lolly-Bob »

I understand. It often happens that I compare files with Ctrl + F3 and then mark them for copying.

It also happened that I compare files with Ctrl + F3 and then accidentally pressed Esc 2x and thus not only the file compare dialog but also the directory compare dialog was closed, because in this case I only compared and did not make any changes to <=>. It occurred to me that after closing the file compare dialog, a possible second accidental Esc in the directory compare dialog could be ignored for about 400 ms (i.e. for 400 ms after closing the file compare dialog).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can still use Alt+F4 to close the window.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com