TeraCopy Integration

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

llinfeng

Re: TeraCopy Integration

Post by *llinfeng »

I am new to both Teracopy and configuring the "usercmd.ini" file for TC. To answer the question: how to replace F5 and F6 in TC with Teracopy, I found this FAQ super helpful. In particular, the section on "Add keyboard shortcut key to em_ or cm_ commands" helped a lot.

Here are the two steps to replace F5 and F6 (for copying and moving files) in TC:
  1. Populate the usercmd.ini file with the three blocks of code horus provided 10+ years ago. (Time tag: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:25 am)
  2. Follow the FAQ entry to assign F5 and F6 with em_TeraMove and em_TeraCopy, respectively.
Brumm

Post by *Brumm »

I just happened to remember that I got a TeraCopy license eleven years ago. Surprisingly, it still works.
The "Delete" function seems to be gone (but TC's deletion is good enough). Anyway, TeraCopy has its own explanation on how to use Total Commander with it (as a toolbar button, at least), nicely available from a button in the Settings.

As I work a lot with a network storage at home, I guess it won't be hard to beat native copying. :)
I'll play with it for a while (again) - I left TeraCopy behind when Windows grew its own parallel copying dialog.
Dateimanagerfetischist.
DRP535

Post by *DRP535 »

TeraDelete still works at least in the older version 2.3. I never upgraded to the version 3 because it was riddled with bugs and would crash all the time, whereas v2.3 was perfectly stable. Maybe the delete function was removed in later versions after 2.3.

It works well within TC using buttons on the menu bar at top of window using the usercmd.ini with instructions as below inside:

Code: Select all

[em_TeraCopy]
button=C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe,1
cmd=C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe
menu=TeraCopy
param=Copy *"%UL" "%T"
[em_TeraDel]
button=C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe,8
menu=TeraDel
param=Delete *"%UL"
[em_TeraMove]
button=C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe,2
menu=TeraMove
param=Move *"%UL" "%T" 
Obviously change the paths to suit your own installation.
Brumm

Post by *Brumm »

Is there a way to make TeraCopy work with Secure FTP as well? Because "\\Secure FTP is not a valid path" or something.
Dateimanagerfetischist.