WiFi/Wlan plugin: is it possible to open "server" window?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ja_som

WiFi/Wlan plugin: is it possible to open "server" window?

Post by *ja_som »

Hello, today I "found" this plugin after years of using Total Commander :)
It works good when sharing a file or folder from TC, but is it possible to open "server" window (first image on the Play Store) when opening the app with sharing the internal storage or Download folder?
Or, there is a shortcut (long press on app icon) which does that but with the DCIM folder, is it possible to change that or add new shortcut with sharing the internal storage or Download folder?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WiFi/Wlan plugin: is it possible to open "server" window?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You cannot open the server without sharing anything. What you can do is create a desktop shortcut from the running server, so you can later run it again with the same shared files/folders as before.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ja_som

Post by *ja_som »

Thanks for your response, I see now what you mean, but it doesn't work with "Smart Launcher", I can "Create link on desktop" from TC for files, but for some reason it does not crate it when I press the OK button in "create link on desktop" in the wifi plugin, the window just disappear and no link is created on my home screen.
I can create "a link" from the "DCIM: Send via WiFi" shortcut of the app, that's why I was curious if is possible to add more options there, like maybe the Download folder.
If not, it's OK, thanks for all your work.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately some Android modifications like Miui don't work well with desktop shortcuts.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com