(not really) HISTORY.TXT - wrong folder name mentioned "c:\program files\totalcmd"

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

white
Power Member
Power Member

(not really) HISTORY.TXT - wrong folder name mentioned "c:\program files\totalcmd"

Post by *white »

HISTORY.TXT wrote: 05.02.21 Added: Installer: Default to c:\program files\totalcmd on PCs where Total Commander was never installed before. If the user fails to get admin rights, change to c:\totalcmd (32/64)
I tested this using TC10.0 beta 1a, all installers. The default installation folder seems to be "c:\program files\Total Commander", not "c:\program files\totalcmd".

When using the /F switch the default folder is "c:\program files\totalcmd". Perhaps change to "c:\program files\Total Commander"?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [TC10.51rc2] HISTORY.TXT - wrong folder name mentioned "c:\program files\totalcmd"

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Not confirmed. I checked the sources of the installer, it always uses "totalcmd", not "Total Commander". My guess is that you still have a registry entry or wincmd.ini entry with the previous location. Please check these in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ghisler\Total Commander
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Ghisler\Total Commander
If there is any entry InstallDir, remove or rename it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC10.51rc2] HISTORY.TXT - wrong folder name mentioned "c:\program files\totalcmd"

Post by *white »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-08-18, 08:46 UTC HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Ghisler\Total Commander
Missed that one, my mistake. :o

Moderator message from: white » 2022-08-18, 09:47 UTC

Moved to English forum.