Using WebDav plugin for Android missing something

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fuzmic

Using WebDav plugin for Android missing something

Post by *fuzmic »

Hi Help
In desktop we just use the Net menu option, set the IP address of the Linux server, get pass the username password combination we will then see all the folders & files for that address.

I was hoping in android plugin WebDav it can do the same, I think I am mistaken. Can it do the same as the PC net menu option. If not is there a way?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using WebDav plugin for Android missing something

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, it only works inside of Total Commander for Android, just like my WebDAV plugin for Windows only works inside of Total Commander for Windows.

The net menu option uses a Windows function to add a WebDAV server as a drive. It's part of the operating system. Unfortunately Android does not have this capability.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
fuzmic

Post by *fuzmic »

Thank you Bruder.
I tried to google what is rustic WebDav & still unable to fathom under what circumstances I can use this android plugin
Or rephrasing the question, where I can try my hand on a WebDav server. if I have a cpanel in a Linux server can try it out there. I am sorry if my questions are over the place.
fuzmic

Post by *fuzmic »

Using FTP plugin I can access Linux servers like the NET menu option in Total Commander desktop version so I just forget the WEBDAV plugin.