Synchronize between Win directory and Android

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

commodore

Synchronize between Win directory and Android

Post by *commodore »

I've used the Synchronize feature for as long as I can remember. However, when I tried to use it with an Android device (thinking of synchronizing directory contents between a Windows folder and a folder on the device - i.e. Total Commander on Windows and Android connected in file-transfer mode), I get a dialog box "Synchronize only supports the following combinations...". What would therefore be the best way to achieve this kind of synchronization?
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Synchronize between Win directory and Android

Post by *sqa_wizard »

All you need is the plugin Windows Media Audio 2.
This filesystem plugin is available in the Network Neighbourhood of TC and grants more access to your mobile.
#5767 Personal license
commodore

Post by *commodore »

Thanks, it works great. It even doesn't complain about path/filename length of more than 255 characters (like the default Windows and TC methods would; or they would just abort the whole operation). I just have to figure out why some of the files have different timestamps (even when overwritten in asymmetric sync).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Windows Media Audio 2 uses the same method as Total commander or the Explorer does, it just calls the low level functions directly. Unfortunately setting the timestamp of remote files often doesn't work. So while the file timestamps my look correctly after an upload, they are not stored and the files get the current time. But you see this only when connecting the next time.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com