Batch edit Directory Hotlist

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tungwaiyip

Batch edit Directory Hotlist

Post by *tungwaiyip »

I have defined a large tree of Directory Hotlist. I would like a find a good way to edit it, often in batch. The UI is ok when I only need do very minor edit. In other situation I would like to edit it in batch, preferably in a single text file.

For example I have a number of directories with a common root c:\work\ver1\. Later I duplicated the whole directory into c:\work\ver2\. I would like to have the entries duplicated too but with the new root directory.

I know the entries are stored in wincmd.ini. It isn't in a format easy for hand editing. My last resort is to write a script to edit this file. But I hope there is a easier way other people have already devised.

Also if I really edit the wincmd.ini, how do I make wincmd to reload it? If I close wincmd, it overwrite it with the current content instead.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Also if I really edit the wincmd.ini, how do I make wincmd to reload it? If I close wincmd, it overwrite it with the current content instead
Edit the file - close TC, but keep the editor open - then save the file.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
bman

Re:

Post by *bman »

petermad wrote: 2009-07-14, 00:18 UTC Edit the file - close TC, but keep the editor open - then save the file.
13 years later.. and still works. Thanks @petermad