[WFX] Android ADB 8.8

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mortalis

Re: [WFX] Android ADB 7.3

Post by *mortalis »

nsp wrote: 2020-09-29, 06:32 UTC Hi,
Can you give a look on the ADB properties dialog.
Select Native 8.1 ls -la this should solve issues in folder name.
Also check that you have latest ADB/Fastboot binaries from google android platform.
Hope this helps.
NsPP
Thank you, very helpful.
Now the files and folders are rendered correctly when having spaces.
And I can rename and remove them without problems.
hsotoma

Post by *hsotoma »

Hi,
I solved the issue changing "file list command:" to Native 8.1 "ls -la" (shows hidden files and supports escaped paths on Android 8.1)...
this is changed in \\ADB -> Options
Hope this helps,
Regards
Skif_off

Post by *Skif_off »

Is it possible to add two versions for Linux?
I mean the current version with OpenSSL 1.1/OpenLDAP 2.4 and the version for more modern distributions with OpenSSL 3.0/OpenLDAP 2.5.
(Using Ubuntu as an example, for 16.04-20.04 and for 22.04+.)
tdklaus

Post by *tdklaus »

Hi all,

I have been using the ADB plugin successfully for many years, version 8.7 and 8.8 on several Windows-PCs. My Samsung Phone recently updated to Android 13, and now all I ever get to see in the device folder of the ADB plugin (in Network Neighborhood) is an empty folder, named like the Phone ID.

Tried updating the adb binaries to the latest 33.0.3, but no cigar...

Any idea what's going on here, and how to work around it?
Giovanni

Post by *Giovanni »

Anyone know a fix for this issue: https://github.com/doublecmd/doublecmd/issues/767
Vasilich

Post by *Vasilich »

i don't know whether is it possible to implement in TC for plugins, therefore i ask here:
When i have 2 opened dirs in 2 panels via this ADB plugin in same device,Is it possible to move files inside device instead of copying it from other folder to another and deleting original (how it happens now)?
I am trying to organize internal memory in my phone or tablet, and when trying to move video files, it can take ages to download them to PC and upload back to other folder, instead of just send move command to device to do this operation internally.
joker

Post by *joker »

For this, the operation must be executed locally. The only remote possibility would be a remote shell.
doskoi

Post by *doskoi »

Is it possible to specify the location of cache files generated by android adb?
\plugins\wfx\ADB\.cache\temp
gemeenteraadslid

Post by *gemeenteraadslid »

I cannot find the plugin for Android, dead links all around...
BudCord

Post by *BudCord »

The official website with download links is still active:
https://www.uniqtec.eu/index.php/android-adb/
Make it idiotproof and someone will make a better idiot.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [WFX] Android ADB 8.8

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2023-06-15, 15:28 UTC

Updated first post.
B@ron

Post by *B@ron »

Is adb plugin development over ? Is the developer gone forever ?
Mihai Edrisch

Post by *Mihai Edrisch »

I installed but I cannot see the contents of the data folder nor perform any kind of backup operation. When I go to options and try to modify them, I get this:

Image: https://i.postimg.cc/QxsS2Cyy/sigh.png

Can anyone help? Found no way to fix this when looking around the internet.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It looks like you have configured Total Commander to store its settings in the program directory. Unfortunately all directories under "Program Files" are write protected. Please reinstall Total Commander without uninstalling it, then choose "Normal install" and set a different location for the settings files where you have write rights, e.g. in "Documents and Settings".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Mihai Edrisch

Post by *Mihai Edrisch »

I fuggin hate windongs. I actually had to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall on a non-"protected" location. I did try taking ownership of both the program files folder and the individual totalcmd folder but of course I was not allowed despite me owning my goddamn computer. A user chosen location for those .ini files you mentioned only contain wcx_ftp.ini, wincmd.ini plus buttons bars settings/configurations. The fsplugin.ini was still being written to that "protected" program files folder.

And then I was not able to use any file explorer/access files at all because I had modified the registry to open stuff on Total commander by default with this:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell]
@="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\totalcmd\\TOTALCMD64.EXE\" \"%1\" /T /O /S"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell]
@="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open\command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\totalcmd\\TOTALCMD64.EXE \"%1\" /T /O /S"
Then I had to open task manager and run the Total Commander install .exe to have access to file browsing again and I modified this code to include the new installation path, however it did not work for some reason. I went to the registry and modified the shell entries to use the new path and then I got my access back, restored the key plus all my settings/configurations.

Set up this plugin again. I can write/create the fsplugin.ini and modify settings, however, the plugin is still not working. I have got no idea what I am supposed to do to get it to work. I did not find installation/set up explanations anywhere. Not even in this thread.

I am still unable to see the contents of the infamous "data" folder to grab my stuff from there. I hit "back up", choose some packages, tick options and I still get the "now unlock your device" notification but then I get a 0 fat bytes empty ab/adb file.

I have got usb debuggin enabled, of course. I am able to get inside my phone and see many things as it is listed inside the green ADB location on the Network section. I do not know whether I am also supposed to use the "connect to device" option in order to be able to see the contents of the fated "data" folder and carry out backups. I enter the usual 5555whatever port and my phone's IP, however, Total commander crashes and I cannot do anything.

May you guide me here?

Also, may you please direct me to the location(s) for the configuration files that store my open tab folders within Total Commander? I lost them all after the cumbersome uninstall that needed to happen anyway. Silver linings and Silver Tongues.