cm_Set and cm_SetIfEmpty

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: cm_Set and cm_SetIfEmpty

Post by *Fla$her »

white wrote: 2022-10-13, 19:40 UTC I'm not sure what you mean by "live examples".
I have given 2 non-abstract examples above:
Fla$her wrote: 2022-10-13, 16:08 UTC In my memory, there were a couple of requests that concerned remembering the full file name. This is copying it to the folder of the active panel or returning to it by cd. ... So I'm asking you to give live examples, not abstract ones.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

2Fla$her
You mean problems mentioned on the forum where this could be a solution? I think it is mentioned before that people were bothered when an environment variable didn't exist and the variable name was used literally. The ability to set environment variables has been requested before, for example in thread ability to set environment variables. Or using it to pass vars between apps is mentioned in thread Setting Environment Variables | Passing Vars between Apps.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

white wrote: 2022-10-13, 21:13 UTCYou mean problems mentioned on the forum where this could be a solution?
No, I meant only you:
Fla$her wrote: 2022-10-12, 12:58 UTCGive an example of using variables that you create within the current session (not at the start with autorun).
Overquoting is evil! 👎