Multi-Rename Tool: auto close just after start of renaming

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Multi-Rename Tool: auto close just after start of renaming

Post by *nsp »

I miss a lot the ability to rename and close in one action.
I do it when using MULTIRENAME with saved rename config but it is not available dynamically. (unless using automation tool)

I have made my own hotkey but i would like to have a key modifier(ctrl or shift) to start rename and close if no collision are found instead of just starting.
The key modifier should work when clicking save button, using mnemonic alt+s or typing enter when focus is on save button.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Multi-Rename Tool Start and close

Post by *white »

You mean this?
HISTORY.TXT wrote: 28.02.22 Added: command MULTIRENAME==<settings> with two equal signs now starts renaming immediately and closes the dialog if successful (32/64)
28.02.22 Added: command MULTIRENAME=<settings> now starts renaming immediately with given saved settings, unless the settings cannot be loaded (32/64)
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

Me thought he meant that in open MRT:
nsp wrote: 2022-10-18, 06:59 UTC The key modifier should work when clicking save button,

nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

white wrote: 2022-10-18, 08:17 UTC You mean this?
HISTORY.TXT wrote: 28.02.22 Added: command MULTIRENAME==<settings> with two equal signs now starts renaming immediately and closes the dialog if successful (32/64)
28.02.22 Added: command MULTIRENAME=<settings> now starts renaming immediately with given saved settings, unless the settings cannot be loaded (32/64)
No i mean when i have MRT GUI open ^M and set my renaming option by hand. I'm too lazy to rename and then wait to close i would like a single button click/hotkey / enter.

The very best would be to have it done in "background transfert manager" like queued moves after start +modifier click.